Favorite books to read on a cruise

Old December 29th, 2003, 03:09 AM
villa deauville

Default Favorite books to read on a cruise

Now ITT is telling me to Shut Up. That is a crime in this country too.
Eer heard of Freedm of Speech? Just doing what you are doing. .

SNNY..........is seeing you go down the spout quite hurriedly. Tsk.
Tsk. Goody. Goody

S'nd I.

Old December 29th, 2003, 04:31 AM
brenda

"Mark & Gail" wrote in message news:dStHb.682152$Fm2.590158@attbi_s04...
I am picking out books to take on our January 4th cruise on the Grand. Don'
t know if anyone else enjoys it, but I love sitting out on a deck chair
facing the open sea with a good book. Putting your feet up and watching the
ocean go by eases the stresses of life. When you combine that with a good
book, you get a double escape.

Does anyone have a book to recommend? I would like to recommend the books
of Richard Halliburton. He wrote simple stories of his travels, like the
"Royal Road to Romance." Nothing fancy, just interesting adventures. He
may not be in current print, but should be available at used book stores or
Amazon.com.

Mark

Totally agree with Richard Halliburton - read the Book of Wonders
while cruising the Athos Peninsula in Greece, which made it all the
more exciting. Then, we went to Kusadasi, which he writes so well on.
Best book ever while cruising the Eastern Med, was Captain Corelli's
Mandolin - wanted to jump off on every island...
Old December 29th, 2003, 06:07 AM
manchester

how about "A Night To Remember" or maybe "Collision Course"... always
get me in the spirit to enjoy being at sea.

manchester
Old December 29th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Ebbtide

or ~~~ "AND THE SEA WILL TELL".

Old December 29th, 2003, 11:14 PM
fishman

"Bchbound" wrote in message
You dont give much info on what you like but I do have a favorite series
that is from a few years back.... The John McDonald Travis McGee
series... It is a 21 paperback series about casual life in warm weather
climates..... You can usually pick up all 21 books on ebay. I did and
after I read them all I sold them back on ebay.. I enjoyed the series.
Light reading..

Enjoy your trip

He got rather grisly for me - but very inventive in his deaths (not as bad
as Carl Hiaasen, who also does South Florida). I do keep looking for the
flash of green, and will never be surprised if I see the Busted Flush in a
marina someday.

Chris

Old December 30th, 2003, 01:16 AM
Jim

There is a novel by Paul Gallico.
The Poseidon Adventure JDR

Old December 30th, 2003, 01:25 AM
CupCaked aka CupCaked

(Jim) wrote:

There is a novel by Paul Gallico.
The Poseidon Adventure JDR

Hmm. That's like watching "Titanic" in the onboard theatre.

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old December 30th, 2003, 01:27 AM
CupCaked aka CupCaked

manchester wrote:

how about "A Night To Remember" or maybe "Collision Course"... always
get me in the spirit to enjoy being at sea.

Or "The Only Way To Cross" by John Maxtone-Graham. Never fails to get
me in the cruise mood.

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old December 30th, 2003, 01:38 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:25:54 GMT, (CupCaked
aka CupCaked) wrote:

There is a novel by Paul Gallico.
The Poseidon Adventure JDR

Hmm. That's like watching "Titanic" in the onboard theatre.

Without an overacted Gene whatshisname.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6