Need for a Tour Leader in Paris France Be Welcome.

Old April 8th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

Mxsmanic wrote:

So why do you claim you know Paris more than 95% of Parisians, when the
only sites you've written about here are the Van Gogh and the restrooms
in the Musée d'Orsay?

Because I've actually explored the city, whereas most Parisians have
not.

That's your claim.

Why don't you give a link to your site so that we can benefit from your
superior knowledge?

Because (1) it's not the same site as that associated with my name here,
and (2) I don't use USENET for advertising my business.

Well send me a mail then!

--
inversez "kertanguy" et "de" pour me joindre
Old April 8th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

Mxsmanic wrote:

Are you touring for incontinent people?

No. Thirteen or fourteen hours is a long time to go without a toilet,
especially since the average adult has to urinate every three hours or
so.

Or people who can't read "Toilettes"?

They can't read DAMES, MESSIEURS, FEMMES, HOMMES, etc.

Can't they figure out the pictograms? Or just look which gender comes
out of each door? Or read a basic French guide in the plane?

--
inversez "kertanguy" et "de" pour me joindre

Old April 8th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

Paris is not huge, not even by European standards. Try London or
Istanbul on for size.

Paris - the city - is indeed tiny by European standards. If you add the
dense suburbs, it extends (from Notre-Dame) some 15 km to the west, 15
to the east, 20 to the north (until Roissy airport) and 20-25 to the
south. That is not "huge" but reasonable by European standards. London
is a much less dense city.

--
inversez "kertanguy" et "de" pour me joindre

Old April 8th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

nitram wrote:

All the cities I gave have
substantially greater populations than Paris. It took me a good 5
seconds googling to get the figures.

Paris has a 2,150,000 population. Its highest population was 2,800,000
after WWII. But speaking urban agglomeration terms, you have to countthe
suburbs, and that makes a population of slightly over 10 million, very
near Moscow.

--
inversez "kertanguy" et "de" pour me joindre

Old April 8th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Stanislas de Kertanguy

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

It does not pay poorly here, and I doubt the salary
is much lower in France.

For public education: the beginner salary is 1,500 E brutto, that is
1,250 E netto for a Capesian. 1,800 brutto (1,500 netto) for an Agrégé.
(you have to take a bit further of the netto since it does not include
income tax).

After a few years, the figures raise a bit and a Capesian makes 2,000 a
month and an Agrégé 2,500.

--
inversez "kertanguy" et "de" pour me joindre