Afternoon Delight

Old February 17th, 2016, 11:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin

Default Afternoon Delight

I'd never heard of dayuse.com befo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35577272

I wonder where else in the world such services exist? Japan obviously.

Old February 17th, 2016, 07:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim...[_2_]

"Jack Campin" wrote in message
I'd never heard of dayuse.com befo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35577272

I wonder where else in the world such services exist? Japan obviously.

Funnily enough, I read this article today

and the first thing I did was sanity check their claim that you would pay
twice as much for a full day's stay (elsewhere)

But I had little difficult finding perfectly adequate hotels at the same
price or less.

It wasn't clear what the category of these day-stay rooms is, but ISTM that
if you are only going to be booking them for 4 hours you don't need all of
the "extras" that a premium 4* or 5* gives you, so it'll be foolish to pay
for a hotels that has them loaded onto the price

tim

Old February 24th, 2016, 07:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Happy.Hobo

On 02-17-2016 05:57, Jack Cam pin wrote:
I'd never heard of dayuse.com befo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35577272

I wonder where else in the world such services exist? Japan obviously.

Many airports now have rooms-by-the-hour
Old February 25th, 2016, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016, Happy.Hobo wrote:

Many airports now have rooms-by-the-hour

In early '900 many cities in Italy had one or more "albergo diurno"
(lit. "day hotel"), near stations or in central locations, which
provided rest rooms, toilets, showers, barber shops etc. Later they
remained with just toilets and barber, then disappeared.