Any must see destinations????

Old February 28th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Wez

Default Any must see destinations????

Hi Travellers,

My Wife and I have just started to plan a world trip of 6-8 weeks.

We are after some recommendations of must see places and the reason why.

Our very basic itinerary at the moment is: Depart Australia, Asia,
Middle East/Europe, North America, South America, Australia.

Pretty basic I know.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Wez

Old February 28th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Turby

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:44:05 +1000, "Wez"
wrote:

My Wife and I have just started to plan a world trip of 6-8 weeks.

We are after some recommendations of must see places and the reason why.

In no particular order:
Kathmandu, Nepal
Taj Mahal, India
The Grand Canyon, USA
Yosemite National Park, USA
Big Sur, USA
Lamu, Kenya
Ghardaia, Algeria
Machu Picchu, Peru
the Great Pyramid, Egypt
French Polynesia
and a gazillion places in Europe, from Portobello Road and the British
Museum in England, to the Louvre, the Prado, and the Dahlem museums,
to Copenhagen and Neuschwanstein.

Why? Because they're all wonderful places, and if just experiencing
them doesn't amaze you, getting there will.
But "must see"? None of them are _must see_, but all are worthy.

Turby the Turbosurfer
Old March 4th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Mr. Free Notes

Default Angkor Wat