is this true about US forking habits?

Old November 28th, 2007, 07:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
'Mike'

Default is this true about US forking habits?

"Mike..." wrote in message
Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

A Canadian municipality passed a by-law last week banning smoking in cars
when a child is a passenger.

I'm surprised smoking is tolerated in cars at all.

health or driving?
--

Driving.

What is more involved, talking on a telephone or getting a fag out of the
packet, putting the packet away and then lighting said fag? Lighting a fag
alone means that you MUST take your eyes off the road.

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk for ALL Royal Navy Association matters
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will be there.

Old November 28th, 2007, 08:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Mike...

Following up to "'Mike'" wrote:

health or driving?
--

Driving.

What is more involved, talking on a telephone or getting a fag out of the
packet, putting the packet away and then lighting said fag? Lighting a fag
alone means that you MUST take your eyes off the road.

talking on the telephone. Its about deflected concentration.

I dont smoke but i could light a cigarette without looking away from
road, thats why theres a cigarette lighter.
Having something burning in your hand and smoke in your eyes? doesnt
sound great either.

But I think a lot of tosh is believed about two hands on the wheel, 10
to 2 and crossing hands, it was all written when cars had worm gear
unpowered steering. You could drive all day with one hand and cause no
danger, they havent made auto compulsory as a safety measure have
they?
The problem is lack of attention and judgement, not managing the
apperatus.
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
'Mike'

"Mike..." wrote in message
Following up to "'Mike'" wrote:

health or driving?
--

[...]

Power steering? I had a Subaru Legacy Estate for years and the power
steering on that was so good, that you could drive with just your little
finger on the wheel!! My BMW is nowhere near so light!

Mike

Old November 28th, 2007, 10:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Mike...

Following up to "'Mike'" wrote:

Power steering? I had a Subaru Legacy Estate for years and the power
steering on that was so good, that you could drive with just your little
finger on the wheel!! My BMW is nowhere near so light!

probably because BMW go for feel over lightness.
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old November 28th, 2007, 04:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Hatunen

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:25:58 +0000, Mike...
wrote:

Following up to "'Mike'" wrote:

health or driving?
--

[...]

So what about when you are on a crowded freeway and you discover
the ash from your cigarette has apparently fallen off and it must
be somewhere down on the seat under your crotch?

Old November 28th, 2007, 05:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Mike...

Following up to Hatunen wrote:

Having something burning in your hand and smoke in your eyes? doesnt
sound great either.

So what about when you are on a crowded freeway and you discover
the ash from your cigarette has apparently fallen off and it must
be somewhere down on the seat under your crotch?

see above
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old November 28th, 2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Hatunen wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:25:58 +0000, Mike...
wrote:

Following up to "'Mike'" wrote:

health or driving?
--

[...]

If it's still burning, you'll find out soon enough! (If
fully extinguished, what does it matter?) ;-)

Old November 28th, 2007, 06:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Mike...

Following up to "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

If it's still burning, you'll find out soon enough! (If
fully extinguished, what does it matter?) ;-)

i nearly hired a car the other day that had a £1000 excess for any
ciggy burns in the seats!
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

wrote:

If it's still burning, you'll find out soon enough! (If
fully extinguished, what does it matter?) ;-)

i nearly hired a car the other day that had a £1000 excess for any
ciggy burns in the seats!

I'm surprised that rental cars still allow smoking in their cars- do
they?

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
http://www.davidhorne.net - real address on website
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.food+drink.misc
Doesn't Frequently Mop

On the particular moment of Wed, 28 Nov 2007 08:25:58 +0000 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, Mike...
put forth:

Following up to "'Mike'" wrote:

health or driving?
--

Driving.

What is more involved, talking on a telephone or getting a fag out of the
packet, putting the packet away and then lighting said fag? Lighting a fag
alone means that you MUST take your eyes off the road.

talking on the telephone. Its about deflected concentration.

I dont smoke but i could light a cigarette without looking away from
road, thats why theres a cigarette lighter.
Having something burning in your hand and smoke in your eyes? doesnt
sound great either.

You also have to get the cigarette packet, take a fag out, find the
lighter, light it, and eventually put it out, all the while dealing
with smoke inside the car.

Of course I'm a pleasure nazi for suggesting it might be dumb.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com