$9 Refund From Princess

Old August 12th, 2007, 01:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rvfulltime

Default $9 Refund From Princess

We just received a whopping $9 credit from Princess on the credit card we used to book a
Princess Cruise and to pay for incidentals on that cruise. The interesting thing was
we've only been on one Princess cruise in the past 5 years, a Baltic Sea cruise in May
of 2006. And we've only had this credit card since July of 2005.

Does anyone know what this refund is for? Is this a refund of some port charges
or taxes? Some class action lawsuit? (but one rarely gets cash for those)

Old August 12th, 2007, 01:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read[_2_]

"rvfulltime" wrote in message
We just received a whopping $9 credit from Princess on the credit card we
used to book a
Princess Cruise and to pay for incidentals on that cruise. The
interesting thing was
we've only been on one Princess cruise in the past 5 years, a Baltic Sea
cruise in May
of 2006. And we've only had this credit card since July of 2005.

Does anyone know what this refund is for? Is this a refund of some port
charges
or taxes? Some class action lawsuit? (but one rarely gets cash for those)

Interestingly, I received a $9.24 credit on 6/28/2007 after our 6/8/2007
Crown Princess cruise with no explanation.

--
Greg

Old August 12th, 2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

rvfulltime wrote:
We just received a whopping $9 credit from Princess on the credit card we used to book a
Princess Cruise and to pay for incidentals on that cruise. The interesting thing was
we've only been on one Princess cruise in the past 5 years, a Baltic Sea cruise in May
of 2006. And we've only had this credit card since July of 2005.

Does anyone know what this refund is for? Is this a refund of some port charges
or taxes? Some class action lawsuit? (but one rarely gets cash for those)

We also got a credit of $9.24 from Princess and have no idea what it is
for. Our last Princess cruise was Aug. '07. I meant to ask the group we
cruised with, but it is so little it slipped my mind.

Sheree, Charles, Jean, Lola, Shaz and anyone else I forgot, did you guys
get the same credit?

sue
Old August 12th, 2007, 01:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Gregory C. Read wrote:
"rvfulltime" wrote in message
We just received a whopping $9 credit from Princess on the credit card we
used to book a
Princess Cruise and to pay for incidentals on that cruise. The
interesting thing was
we've only been on one Princess cruise in the past 5 years, a Baltic Sea
cruise in May
of 2006. And we've only had this credit card since July of 2005.

Does anyone know what this refund is for? Is this a refund of some port
charges
or taxes? Some class action lawsuit? (but one rarely gets cash for those)

Interestingly, I received a $9.24 credit on 6/28/2007 after our 6/8/2007
Crown Princess cruise with no explanation.

Ours also just showed up on our credit card with no explanation.

sue

Old August 12th, 2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rvfulltime

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 20:34:05 -0400, "Gregory C. Read" wrote:

"rvfulltime" wrote in message
.. .
We just received a whopping $9 credit from Princess on the credit card we
used to book a
Princess Cruise and to pay for incidentals on that cruise. The
interesting thing was
we've only been on one Princess cruise in the past 5 years, a Baltic Sea
cruise in May
of 2006. And we've only had this credit card since July of 2005.

Does anyone know what this refund is for? Is this a refund of some port
charges
or taxes? Some class action lawsuit? (but one rarely gets cash for those)

Interestingly, I received a $9.24 credit on 6/28/2007 after our 6/8/2007
Crown Princess cruise with no explanation.

Ours was exactly $9.00.

Old August 12th, 2007, 02:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read[_2_]

wrote:

"rvfulltime" wrote in message
. ..
We just received a whopping $9 credit from Princess on the credit card
we
used to book a
Princess Cruise and to pay for incidentals on that cruise. The
interesting thing was
we've only been on one Princess cruise in the past 5 years, a Baltic Sea
cruise in May
of 2006. And we've only had this credit card since July of 2005.

Does anyone know what this refund is for? Is this a refund of some port
charges
or taxes? Some class action lawsuit? (but one rarely gets cash for
those)

Interestingly, I received a $9.24 credit on 6/28/2007 after our 6/8/2007
Crown Princess cruise with no explanation.

Ours was exactly $9.00.

This is really interesting. I made the bold assumption it had to do with
the internet usage credit, and just forgot about it. But with all the
others seeing the same credit, I don't know what it is?

--
Greg

Old August 12th, 2007, 02:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Sheree, Charles, Jean, Lola, Shaz and anyone else I forgot, did you guys
get the same credit?

Not credits shown up yet for the SGC sailing. But I have been notified
that I will get a 26.50 credit from Princess for government taxes for
our late November Crown Princess sailing

--
Charles
Old August 12th, 2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
We also got a credit of $9.24 from Princess and have no idea what it is
for. Our last Princess cruise was Aug. '07. I meant to ask the group we
cruised with, but it is so little it slipped my mind.

Sheree, Charles, Jean, Lola, Shaz and anyone else I forgot, did you guys
get the same credit?

Sue,
Yes, we got a $13.86 credit on our card on June 29th...didn't have any
explanation...I called Discover and they said they had no explanation but
would check further for me if I wanted them to. I declined...figured they
must have charged our account with someone else's purchase..but when I hear
of so many others getting credits, it makes me wonder.

--Jean

Old August 12th, 2007, 02:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
We also got a credit of $9.24 from Princess and have no idea what it is
for. Our last Princess cruise was Aug. '07. I meant to ask the group we
cruised with, but it is so little it slipped my mind.

Sheree, Charles, Jean, Lola, Shaz and anyone else I forgot, did you guys
get the same credit?

Sue,
Yes, we got a $13.86 credit on our card on June 29th...didn't have any
explanation...I called Discover and they said they had no explanation but
would check further for me if I wanted them to. I declined...figured they
must have charged our account with someone else's purchase..but when I hear
of so many others getting credits, it makes me wonder.

This is very strange, some people got $9, some $9.24, Charles got
nothing and you got $13.86. I really wonder what this is all about, but
don't want to rock the boat.lol

sue