$25 deposit - Carnival Legend Group Cruise

Old August 23rd, 2006, 09:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
lhall[_1_]

Default $25 deposit - Carnival Legend Group Cruise

I am leading a group cruise on Carnival Legend June 12, 2007. We have
good pricing and amenities including a $100 cabin credit. Right now
the deposit is $25 per person for guaranteed rooms. If you are
interested, email me at and I can send pricing and
booking info.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

lhall wrote:
I am leading a group cruise on Carnival Legend June 12, 2007. We have
good pricing and amenities including a $100 cabin credit. Right now
the deposit is $25 per person for guaranteed rooms. If you are
interested, email me at and I can send pricing and
booking info.

Advertising is not allow on RTC according to our charter.

sue

Old August 23rd, 2006, 08:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
Advertising is not allow on RTC according to our charter.

I don't see any difference between this type of post and the posts
announcing any other group cruise - including the MGC, SGC, etc.

For instance, let's say I was leading a group and posted the exact same
thing?

Warren

Old August 23rd, 2006, 09:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Warren wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Advertising is not allow on RTC according to our charter.

I don't see any difference between this type of post and the posts
announcing any other group cruise - including the MGC, SGC, etc.

The difference as far as I see it, is that the MGC, SGC, GGC etc are
groups that have been formed here on RTC by RTCers. The TAs involved
have not come here uninvited, looking for business as this person/TA
has done.

sue
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.

What is this "charter" everyone talks about?
Where is it posted for all to read? I have been posting here for about 7-8
months and never saw a copy of the "charter".
Where is it kept?

Who voted that "charter" in as Gospel law on this newsgroup?
Nobody asked me if advertising bothered me.

Who is the moderator of the newsgroup who can police this violation of the
"charter"?
This is a newsgroup for cryin' out loud. Lighten up.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jr. wrote:

What is this "charter" everyone talks about?
Where is it posted for all to read? I have been posting here for about 7-8
months and never saw a copy of the "charter".
Where is it kept?

Who voted that "charter" in as Gospel law on this newsgroup?
Nobody asked me if advertising bothered me.

The charter is posted once in awhile, I don't know how ofter. Here is
a link to the charter and history of RTC.

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/rtccharter.htm

Who is the moderator of the newsgroup who can police this violation of the
"charter"?

There is no moderator because this isn't a moderated newsgroup.

sue
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Warren[_1_]

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
The TAs involved
have not come here uninvited, looking for business as this person/TA
has done.

You must know something that I missed. Where in the original post does
it indicate he/she is a TA? Not even the posted email address suggests
it. I'm not saying the person isn't a TA, but what I am asking is how
could *you* tell with enough certainty to play hall monitor?

Based on what you just said, if I wanted to score a free cabin all I
would need to do is volunteer to lead a group sold by a TA friend of
mine, slap a "GC" name on it, and post about it in the newsgroup. And
then because that TA had run a "GC" he/she would now be free to mention
his/her groups in posts to the newsgroup.

Warren