Air America breaking news: "USA to fingerprint ALL visitors !!!"

Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:05 PM
mtravelkay

Default Air America breaking news: "USA to fingerprint ALL visitors!!!"

Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
AJC wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:38 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

You don't get out very much do you?

I'm sure *you* don't, if you think US Customs and Immigration is bad,
compared to most places. Try any of the African nations, for example.
Or Russia.

I have never had my finger print or photo taken at Immigration in
Russia, have you??? I am not saying there is no reason for the US to do
it, only that I haven't seen it done in Russia.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Bert Hyman

In . com mtravelkay
wrote:
Chad Irby wrote:
In article ,
AJC wrote:
On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 13:57:38 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

...and even with that, it's still going to be faster than most customs
checks in 99% of the countries in the world.

You don't get out very much do you?

I'm sure *you* don't, if you think US Customs and Immigration is bad,
compared to most places. Try any of the African nations, for example.
Or Russia.

I have never had my finger print or photo taken at Immigration in
Russia, have you??? I am not saying there is no reason for the US to do
it, only that I haven't seen it done in Russia.

Old habits die hard; they leave the photograph up to the desk clerk at
your hotel, and get your fingerprints off the glass in your bathroom.

:-)

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:13 PM
Oelewapper

"Cyrus Afzali" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:08:54 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

If the country in question is part of the US-VISIT program, or
whatever it's called, the queues are often much shorter and the
screening is done before departure from the country you visited. I
just returned from Ireland a few weeks ago and all screening was done
in Shannon. The only thing done here was the agricultural
questionnaire.

That was a few weeks ago, just wait and see what happens in a couple of
weeks time ... you can always try to give them the finger, like that
AA-pilot at RdJ-GIG a couple of weeks ago ...
Anyway, I hope the EU will impose the same regime on US-folks going through
our airports and seaports - especially aiming at America's "illegal
combatants" as they are shipping their hardware back to the base ... But
that's a completely different story,... or is it ???

Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:18 PM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
"Sjoerd" wrote:

That's not true. US immigration queues are amongst the longest in the

world.

From the number of people, or from the speed of the process?

And the funny thing is, the people who are complaining about the US
wanting photos and fingerprints to come in are often from countries that
already insist on that for their own citizens (like Brazil).

No they are not! They are from Europe and from your "ally" the UK, where
fingerprints denote one's being a suspected criminal.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
"Marie Lewis" wrote:

Please note that we all have the rest of the world to visit. Why visit

country which treats us as criminals?

On the other hand, you could always visit Spain, and relax on their
nice, safe, high-speed trains. Or the ones in France.

Indeed, I would prefer to do that, although we, in fact, always travel by
car.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:20 PM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:

Chad Irby wrote in
. com:

In article ,
"nobody760" wrote:

So the message is visiting the USA is more trouble than its worth so
I'll go some place else.

Yeah, that two minute fingerprinting and photo is *sooo* hard after a
six-hour plane flight...

It's not the _time_ it takes which offends people.

If people were worried about bureaucratic nosiness, they wouldn't go to
most of Europe in the first place.

You show your ignorance.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Marie Lewis

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
In article ,
"Lennart Petersen" wrote:

99% ? Interesting. I transferred recently in 6 minutes from

International
to domestic including security check. Was in Sandefjord Norway.
How many transfers international-domestic are done in less 6 minutes in

U.S
?

You're taking a very unusual example (EU internal transfers), and
pretending that it's common worldwide.

Now, *that's* interesting.

Take a look at the previous post.

Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:40 PM
patLB

On the other hand, you could always visit Spain, and relax on their
nice, safe, high-speed trains. Or the ones in France.

Still waiting for the high speed trains of USA...

PatLB

Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:05 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Marie Lewis" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
om...

And the funny thing is, the people who are complaining about the US
wanting photos and fingerprints to come in are often from countries that
already insist on that for their own citizens (like Brazil).

No they are not! They are from Europe and from your "ally" the UK, where
fingerprints denote one's being a suspected criminal.

....or defending your home from violent criminals gets you put in jail...

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:06 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Marie Lewis" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message

If people were worried about bureaucratic nosiness, they wouldn't go to
most of Europe in the first place.

You show your ignorance.

No, I show that *you* apparently don't know anything about your own home
country, or how it really compares to the US...

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.