Online Poll: Must Fat People Buy Two Airplane Seats?

Old May 17th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Olivers

Default Online Poll: Must Fat People Buy Two Airplane Seats?

FMB extrapolated from data available...

I'm not saying that fat people are stupid, lazy, inconsiderate or
generally not nice at all. I am saying that any one of them that
expects to sit in their seat and half of mine is very inconsiderate.
I donate to the church, the mission, a burn foundation and the Girl
Scouts. I'm not about to donate 1/2 my seat on a plane to a fat
person. Disease or not, buy two seats and quitcherbellyachin.

I never noticed it much until my preferred supermarket chain built an
enormous new store betwixt my suburb and another (a community which
apparently is a haven for the grotesquely morbidly obese (not just big
folks, like me, but big wide folks).

It started with the sort of prerequisite number of electric shopping carts
for the disabled, but the demands of what seems a large number of women
customers, many of them quite young (all folks who if they tried to board
WN would get a seat fit check) have made them convert an entire shopping
cart bay for a depot for storing and charging'em. The other day, my
neighbor, a double amputee from the conflict in Viet Nam was forced to wait
for a return as a truly desrving (of euthanasia) toaddess grabbed the last
one, telling him that since he had his own wheelchair he could use it and
push a cart.

I hope she gets stuck in the middle seat of the last row on an MD80 with an
overflowing terlet.

TMO
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Ender

Saxsby C.Hawk wrote:
You seem to have a lot of lard between your ears.
Maybe you should inform yourself about the disease before you give anymore
lectures.

You seem to know about it so maybe you can answer this... How many cases
of this lard ass disease were there before, say, 1940?

I'd say it has a lot to do with mental issues, not a disease though.

If your fat intrudes in the space of the individual next to you, buy the
extra seat. You're not special because you can't regulate your diet and
lifestyle.
Old May 17th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Saxsby C.Hawk

Carol wrote in message ...
On Mon, 17 May 2004 00:44:26 GMT, "aurora"
wrote:

If the morbidly obese are handicapped due to this self-induced
condition then someone drunk or drugged should also be given special
treatment and allowed to fly. Being drunk is simply another example
of self-abuse.

Carol

"Self-induced", "self-abuse" ? You really are self-righteous and blatantly
ignorant.

Old May 17th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Joan McGalliard

Anonymouse wrote:

for breakfast my wife has a slim-fast, I have a high protein shake (same
# of calories but 50grams of protein instead of 10)... when it was
mentioned that there were slim-fasts in the fridge... instead of 1 she
had 2... then 6 eggs.

I don't think you can take the nutritional higher ground here. Have you
considered eating food?

joan

--
Joan McGalliard, UK http://www.mcgalliard.org
Old May 17th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Marie Lewis

"FMB" wrote in message
Of course they should pay for two seats. If they are hurt by the idea,

they
should stay home and loose some of that lard.

Where should they "loose" it? All over the airport?

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Marie Lewis

"Dave Thompson" wrote in message

"Saxsby C.Hawk" wrote in message
You seem to have a lot of lard between your ears.
Maybe you should inform yourself about the disease before you give

anymore
lectures.

Lessee. Morbidly obese don't want to pay for two tickets. Let's take it
further and demand that bed bound persons be allowed to fly on one ticket.
After all, they will only take up three rows.

I don't care if it is the disease of the month. I will continue to refuse
to sit next to someone whose fat intrudes over the arm rest.

End of story.

Not the end of story.

*You *buy two seats.

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Marie Lewis

"Anonymouse" wrote in message
disease?!

you mean the "disease" of putting to many calories into your face?

I've got a sister in law with this disease... because of a power outage
(weather caused) at her home she and her family stayed with us for
several days.

for breakfast my wife has a slim-fast, I have a high protein shake (same
# of calories but 50grams of protein instead of 10)... when it was
mentioned that there were slim-fasts in the fridge... instead of 1 she
had 2... then 6 eggs.

And this proves what about the rest of civilisation?

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Marie Lewis

Joseph wrote in message ...
On Mon, 17 May 2004 02:39:55 GMT, "Saxsby C.Hawk"
wrote:

You seem to have a lot of lard between your ears.
Maybe you should inform yourself about the disease before you give

anymore
lectures.

Bobbi Sanchez, the troll, who posts so much useless ridiculous crap
here has a disease that causes her obesity called "Extreme
Constipation". In other words she is completely full of ****.

Joseph.

How vulgar. But sadly, only to be expected.

Old May 17th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Icono Clast

There are people who are genetically fat. There's nothing they can do
about it. They should not be penalized for something, such as
ancestry, over which they have no control. Nor should the carriers. I
have no answer.

There are people who are fat because of their failure to burn the
excess calories they consume: Two seats!
A San Francisco glutton who says: "You serve it, I'll eat it!"
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net