UK terror plot consequences

Old August 11th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Baggage handlers will be thieving galore

the baggage handlers at HRW and elsewhere will be thieving all the
phones and digital cameras galore ,nothing will be safe from them .

Old August 11th, 2006, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Jeff Hacker[_1_]

Default UK terror plot consequences

"Dan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bush wanted the over reaction. Look there was no terror plot. Bush
needed some reason to justify the killing of thousands of innocent
Islamic children and women by the Jews in Lebanon

And Hezbollah started this by crossing over into Israel and kidnapping
Israeli soldiers. . . .

Now that the pipeline in Alaska is broke, the gas prices will rise and
the economy will tank, Bush needs someone to blame. So he went after
the Muslims again

Of course! No wonder we are having problems. It is all Bush's fault.

Now it will be the terrorists fault when the economy tanks, and the
Jews can continue on their murderous rampages

Right. Absolutely. It is all the Jews' fault - for existing!

You are an idiot.

Pete wrote:
Duty-free booze is dead, as you will never again be allowed to bring
bottles of anything onboard a plane again. I'll bet this is a
significant
reduction in revenue for certain countries.

Forget about bringing any liquid or semi-liquid substance onboard a
plane again, including toothpaste.

I wonder if the airlines are smart enough to stock more water and
food to make up for passengers not being able to bring their own.
Not to mention that fact that it must be free, because passengers no
longer have an option to bring their own.

The authorities have overreacted by banning reading material. It is
not possible to store liquids in a magazine and books can easily be
checked by fanning through the pages.

Even more so than usual, I'd hate to be someone who has to wear
a colostomy bag.

Pete

Old August 11th, 2006, 08:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
George Max[_2_]

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:26:01 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per George Max:

So's your bladder. The eyes are gel filled orbs. How far is this to
be taken?

First I was thinking of how ludicrous it was for the security people to keep
trying to react to every new possibility.

Then I was thinking in terms of concealing explosive liquids. Do the implant.
Wait a year to recover fully. Then use a hypodermic needle to do the fluid
swap.

Why would they need to "recover fully"?
It's not like they are going to care about their health issues when
blowing themselves up.

I think he means to recover at least enough so that it doesn't look
like they've had something implanted.

To take it further, why not have a device implanted in your body
cavity detonated remotely? How many people have pacemakers and other
things in them?
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Jeff Hacker writes:

And Hezbollah started this by crossing over into Israel and kidnapping
Israeli soldiers. . . .

That's quite a retaliation for a couple of kidnappings. But I've
already pointed out how Israel always overreacts.

Old August 11th, 2006, 09:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Dave Frightens Me

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:20:37 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Jeff Hacker writes:

And Hezbollah started this by crossing over into Israel and kidnapping
Israeli soldiers. . . .

That's quite a retaliation for a couple of kidnappings. But I've
already pointed out how Israel always overreacts.

No matter how little it helps.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
nobody[_1_]

Jeff Hacker wrote:
And Hezbollah started this by crossing over into Israel and kidnapping
Israeli soldiers. . . .

Funny, I had heard it was Hamas that had kidnapped 2 Israeli soldiers
who were in Gaza ( a territory that was handed back to palestine) and
Israel then started to bomb Lebanon to pieces to prevent Hamas from
handing them to Hezbollah who would then send them to Syria. (which si
why Israel started by bombing civilian infrastructure such as airports
and bridges).

Obviously, different media in the world report this very differently.
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Dave Frightens Me writes:

No matter how little it helps.

Israel doesn't care whether it helps; it is purely an uncontrolled
emotional reaction. Israel believes that it has God's will on its
side. And it knows that it has the United States' wallet (and perhaps
more than that).

Old August 11th, 2006, 09:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Bob Barnett

Mxsmanic wrote:

Jeff Hacker writes:

And Hezbollah started this by crossing over into Israel and kidnapping
Israeli soldiers. . . .

That's quite a retaliation for a couple of kidnappings. But I've
already pointed out how Israel always overreacts.

If you were the one kidnapped, you wouldn't think they were overreacting.
The Hizbollochs knew the Israelis would react, but as usual, they
underestimated their willpower to punish terrorist ragheads

Old August 11th, 2006, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Bob Barnett writes:

If you were the one kidnapped, you wouldn't think they were overreacting.

The opinions of anyone influenced by emotion are suspect.