Ragheads Kicked Off Of Phoenix - Bound Flight...

Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:20 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mike Hunt

Default Ragheads Kicked Off Of Phoenix - Bound Flight...

Sarah Czepiel wrote:

Those people you mentioned are met by airline personnel. I've flown
all over the US and I've yet to fly into any airport since 9/11 where
any non-ticketed passengers were allowed past the security area.

Really? You have never seen parents pick up their children at the gate?

regularly use Reagan National and we have a 2 hour arrival time before
departure on flights. I spend a lot of time in that terminal watching
my fellow passengers as we all await our flights. The last time I
few back home an unaccompanied minor sat next to me on the plane. She
was 14 and a lovely intelligent girl. I walked with her through the
terminal until she met up with her mother who was waiting for her *on
the other side of the security area* .

NONSENSE. Official Unaccompanied minors are signed in and out by the
parents at the gate. Do you want me to point you to the links on airline
sites that point this out??? The 14 year old would not have qualified
as an official UM on several US airlines, including Southwest

You still haven't answered the question.

What prevents a known terrorist from using a fake boarding pass to get
through security?

Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:25 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mike Hunt

Sarah

Read this, and tell me that parents don't get passes to take their
children to and from the gate.

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/childtip.html

Under "Procedures for Children Traveling Alone"

Under "At the airport"

2nd bullet - "Upon arrival at the final destination, your child will be
released ONLY to the person specified on the Unaccompanied Minor form
(or to the alternate contact specified on the form). IDENTIFICATION WILL
BE REQUIRED."

3rd bullet -

"When you arrive at the airport, checkin at the "main lobby" Ticket
Counter to check luggage. You may pay for the child's ticket, fill out
the Unaccompanied Minor form, receive a Boarding Pass, and a pass for
you to accompany your child through the security checkpoint and to the
gate area. Once you arrive at the departure gate, be sure to identify
your child to the Customer Service Agent as an "Unaccompanied Minor" so
that he/she will be able to preboard. "
Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:34 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mike Hunt

Dear Sarah,

Have you had time to read the Southwest bullets I posted showing that
you are WRONG when you say that people (including) parents of UMs can
not get past security unless flying?

Maybe you want to see the policy of another carrier that disagrees with you.

The American Airlines policy is at
http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...TravelingAlone

A parent or responsible adult must do the following when a child who
will be traveling as an Unaccompanied Minor is brought to the airport:
Complete an Unaccompanied Minor form at the ticket counter. This
includes providing the name, address and phone number of designating the
parent or responsible adult who will meet the child at his or her
destination. A child may not travel unaccompanied until this form is
completed.
Obtain a boarding pass from the airport ticket counter (for clearance
through the security checkpoint).
Remain with unaccompanied minors until the child is boarded on the
flight and the flight has departed the gate. This may not be possible at
airports outside the United States. See below for additional information.
An agent will ensure that the flight on which your child is confirmed is
operating as scheduled. If the flight is delayed and expected to
misconnect or divert to another airport, please make alternate
arrangements for your child's travel.

Upon completion of check-in, your child and the parent or responsible
adult delivering your child to the airport should be at the gate 30
minutes prior to departure for pre-boarding.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities
angeles@rālant.org

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:20:15 -0800, Mike Hunt postmaster@localhost
wrote:

What prevents a KNOWN TERROSIST from editting a boarding pass to get through
security, then using a real boarding pass with a fake name to board a domestic flight?

Flying-****-A-Roo! That's A Scary Thought -- I'll wager that TSA has
never even considered such a scheme. Have you talked to them about
this
hidden national security breach?
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities
Tchiowa

Sarah Czepiel wrote:
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 21:20:15 -0800, Mike Hunt postmaster@localhost
wrote:

:Your comment said that only ticketed passengers were permitted past
:security. This shows you have no idea of what you are talking about.
:Airlines give passes to people to meet others, such as the elderly,
:children (especially Unaccompanied Minors), and non English speaking.

Those people you mentioned are met by airline personnel. I've flown
all over the US and I've yet to fly into any airport since 9/11 where
any non-ticketed passengers were allowed past the security area. I
regularly use Reagan National and we have a 2 hour arrival time before
departure on flights. I spend a lot of time in that terminal watching
my fellow passengers as we all await our flights. The last time I
few back home an unaccompanied minor sat next to me on the plane. She
was 14 and a lovely intelligent girl. I walked with her through the
terminal until she met up with her mother who was waiting for her *on
the other side of the security area* .

I agree. In the past several years I haven't seen anyone other than a
ticketed passenger allowed near the gates.

Really Mike, it is you who are clueless and I suspect you just get
your kicks arguing for the sake of arguing.

In this case you might be right.

Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:34 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities
Tchiowa

Mike Hunt wrote:
Sarah Czepiel wrote:

Those people you mentioned are met by airline personnel. I've flown
all over the US and I've yet to fly into any airport since 9/11 where
any non-ticketed passengers were allowed past the security area.

Really? You have never seen parents pick up their children at the gate?

Not any more, Mike.

Airport personnel bring them outside the secured area.

Old December 4th, 2006, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities
Sancho Panza[_1_]

"Mike Hunt" postmaster@localhost wrote in message
Sarah Czepiel wrote:

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 01:11:08 GMT, DevilsPGD
wrote:

:In message Sarah Czepiel
wrote:
:
:You haven't flown recently, Mike. Only ticketed passengers are
:allowed through the TSA screening area. No meeters and no greeters
:get through to the gate area. None. :
:Holy ****, you appear to be willfully ignorant, extremely stupid, or
:doing a very good impression. I'll type this slowly for you.

Mikes comment : "....there are people that edit boarding passes just
to avoid waiting in line to get a pass to meet someone airside. "

My response is accurate. Only ticketed passangers get on the flight.

No, I was giving another reason to edit a boarding pass.
1. People edit them to get pass security for innocent reasons.
2. A terrorist on the "watch list" could use a fake BP to get past
security. Once past security, they use a real BP, because there is no more
check of ID.

No. 2 is not accurate.

Old December 4th, 2006, 01:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities
Sancho Panza[_1_]

"Mike Hunt" postmaster@localhost wrote in message
. ..
Sarah Czepiel wrote:

Those people you mentioned are met by airline personnel. I've flown
all over the US and I've yet to fly into any airport since 9/11 where
any non-ticketed passengers were allowed past the security area.

Really? You have never seen parents pick up their children at the gate?

The flight attendants walk them to the exit from the secured area.

regularly use Reagan National and we have a 2 hour arrival time before
departure on flights. I spend a lot of time in that terminal watching
my fellow passengers as we all await our flights. The last time I
few back home an unaccompanied minor sat next to me on the plane. She
was 14 and a lovely intelligent girl. I walked with her through the
terminal until she met up with her mother who was waiting for her *on
the other side of the security area* .

NONSENSE. Official Unaccompanied minors are signed in and out by the
parents at the gate. Do you want me to point you to the links on airline
sites that point this out??? The 14 year old would not have qualified as
an official UM on several US airlines, including Southwest

At what airports?

Old December 4th, 2006, 06:55 AM posted to rec.travel.air,alt.gossip.celebrities
Mike Hunt

Sarah Czepiel wrote:

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 01:11:08 GMT, DevilsPGD
wrote:

:In message Sarah Czepiel
wrote:
:
:You haven't flown recently, Mike. Only ticketed passengers are
:allowed through the TSA screening area. No meeters and no greeters
:get through to the gate area. None. :
:Holy ****, you appear to be willfully ignorant, extremely stupid, or
:doing a very good impression. I'll type this slowly for you.

Mikes comment : "....there are people that edit boarding passes just
to avoid waiting in line to get a pass to meet someone airside. "

My response is accurate. Only ticketed passangers get on the flight.

No, I was giving another reason to edit a boarding pass.
1. People edit them to get pass security for innocent reasons.
2. A terrorist on the "watch list" could use a fake BP to get past
security. Once past security, they use a real BP, because there is no more
check of ID.

No. 2 is not accurate.

What stops anyone from using a fake BP to get past security?