GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:10 AM
Lloyd Parsons

Default GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

In article , delta
wrote:

I know people right now are really into complaining about the rules
not being met. The TA's and whatever but could we possibly discuss the
GGC bids so far?

I was thinking of possibly going this year s but in reading the bids
that are posted I am severely disappointed. NCL, Costa, Carnival and
RCL? Thats it? I don't care to go on NCL, Costa or Carnival and the
RCL trip is one with an itinerary that I would think most people have
done too many times already. I know I have. Will there be any others
or is that it?

No more, that is it.

Check the preference voting that was done a bit ago and you can see
where most bids are coming from. The preference was pretty strong for
longer than 7 days and further south.

San Juan is pretty much out of the picture because airfare is a very
big issue there, and I suspect it will become more of an issue as oil
prices keep rising.

There's also the history of what people seem to be willing to spend on
a group cruise. More upscale lines most likely would have cost more
than a TA that would bid would think people are willing to spend.

Bottom line is that TA's were not told what to bid, but they were aware
of preferences from the voting. They were free to bid anything they
wanted to.

So we got 2 new ships from 2 different cruise lines and 2 exotic
caribbean cruises, one longer west coast cruise and a 7-day caribbean.
Quite a mix I would say, and it should appeal to a broad section of
cruisers.

--
Lloyd

Carnival Tropicale 2000
GGC2002 Carnival Sensation
GGC2003 Golden Princess
GGC2004 Radiance of the Seas
GLC2005 Celebrity Millenium
Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:12 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Tom & Linda wrote:

Since voting hasn't finished yet... it's not really too late.

Tom, the voting hasn't even started yet!

sue

Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:13 AM
Lloyd Parsons

In article , Sue and Kevin Mullen
wrote:

Tom & Linda wrote:

Since voting hasn't finished yet... it's not really too late.

Tom, the voting hasn't even started yet!

sue

Tom's up past his bedtime.... ;-)
Old June 3rd, 2004, 04:25 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

wrote:

Tom & Linda wrote:

Since voting hasn't finished yet... it's not really too late.

Tom, the voting hasn't even started yet!

sue

Tom's up past his bedtime.... ;-)

You have to watch Tom and those blue drinks.....LOL

sue

Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:02 AM
Nicholson

"Tom & Linda"
I give Lloyd an "Atta Boy" for trying.

Hell... I may even think about going this time.

--Tom

Hi all!
I read ALL the post and I just had to toss my "atta boy" in for Lloyd,
the rest of the committee and the TA's that bid.
AND if my son was not getting married on a cruise next July.... I too
would be thinking strongly about going the GGC2005.

Cheryl

Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:04 AM
Tom & Linda

wrote:

Tom & Linda wrote:

Since voting hasn't finished yet... it's not really too late.

Tom, the voting hasn't even started yet!

sue

Tom's up past his bedtime.... ;-)

You have to watch Tom and those blue drinks.....LOL

sue

I gotta lay off that OJ.

But seriously... until the voting is over... it's not too late to add to the
list. You can add TA's and options during the voting. IF you wanted to.

--Tom

Old June 3rd, 2004, 05:58 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

wrote:

Tom & Linda wrote:

Since voting hasn't finished yet... it's not really too late.

Tom, the voting hasn't even started yet!

sue

Tom's up past his bedtime.... ;-)

You have to watch Tom and those blue drinks.....LOL

sue

I gotta lay off that OJ.

Now Tom, you know that oj is my drink of choice(grin).

sue

Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:08 AM
Charles

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Why not come on Sue's Viking Cruise in Dec?

What is the date?

--
Charles
Old June 3rd, 2004, 10:21 AM
Lunyma

It just can't be the weekend of my son's play.

That's usually the weekend after Easter.

When is Easter, next year?

Old June 3rd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Juliana L Holm

Tom & Linda wrote:
I gotta lay off that OJ.

But seriously... until the voting is over... it's not too late to add to the
list. You can add TA's and options during the voting. IF you wanted to.

Two things, first of all the whole mess really has made the possibility less
desirable, and I don't think she will do it. Secondly, I am willing to concede
that this is all water under the bridge. I just wanted the committee to
realize and agree that indeed they goofed. It really wasn't a fair playing
field, and while it really is a bit late to change it, and I can accept that,
they need to understand that what they did was not fair.

--
Julie