Explorer of the seas

Old March 21st, 2010, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Explorer of the seas

Here is the first of my report about our cruise,we arrived at cape
liberty in record time due to light traffic,paid our $228.00 for 12 dqys
parking(much cheaper than flying with all its hassel) Had no problem
getting on board,we were all set by 2pm,had a bite to eat,looked over
the ship,and by that time we had our luggage.
It was a little chilly,but with a sweater and jacket we were o.k. We
liked the ship very much except for the solarium,it was not enclosed
like on the grandeur,and we did notcare for deck 5 (indoor promenade) it
looks like they took the blueprint from this ship to use on the oasis.
Had a lot of stores hawking their goods,and many bars. The only place
you could get a late snack was the "CAFE PROMENADE" Did not have the
nice selection most ships have in their buffet"s. And was always very
crowded because it is so small. WE enjoyed our
first 2 days relaxing,and on the 3rd sea day it was so nice we spent the
day on deck 4. relaxing on a lounge chair. Then we started hitting the
ports, we have been there many times so we did not do much. St thomas
does not have anythingwe did not see before,and since we are not into
going to the beach,or shopping,we just got off and strolled for a bit
then back to the ship. The EURODAM was berthed beside us
and it looked huge. we also saw a couple english ships that were also
enormous. We had a first ,on life boat
drill we were not required to carry our life jackets,just had to go to
our lifeboat station and have our name called.
Ship was kept very clean,and food was pretty good except for their
porterhouse steaks,and serloin,(TOUGH) prime rib excellent,but they do
not know how to cook vegetables,most times i did not eat them because
they were almost raw.I can either eat them really cooked soft,or raw,not
just steamed a little.
Shows were fairly good,MARTY ALLEN one night,we had seen him on another
ship before,and this time he was just as good ,and he really has a
beautiful wife. Other shows the usual,ship dancers,jugglers,and a couple
one line comedians. The outstanding shows were the ICE SHOWS we saw 2 of
them and they make skating look so easy.
Will post more when i think of anything.
surfer e2468

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 22nd, 2010, 04:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

Hi, Annie, welcome back, I am glad you had a wonderful time on the
Explorer. We loved our cruise on that ship, and I agree with you, the
ice shows are amazing!

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

DIANA,we also liked that the captain was always available if you wanted
to talk to him,and it is the first time in 49 cruises that the captain
paraded thru the dining room with all the waiters and kitchen help. A
nice personal touch. He also had 3 ship parties for repeat
passengers,always served nice drinks both alcohol,and non alcohol,along
with a nice varity of fine wines.and snacks if you wanted them.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old March 23rd, 2010, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dean Worrell[_3_]

Surfer E2468 wrote:
[...]

CL, Kristy and I cruised on the Explorer a few years ago and we really
enjoyed it. On our most recent cruise (Liberty-ots) we also did not
need to carry our PFDs to the muster drill. That was a first and I
think it is a good idea. As an aside I always found it amusing that you
are to show up wearing the PFD and while standing there you are
instructed on how to put it on. :-}

--
Dean in Peoria

Remove the X's to email