Check this out! City At Sea!

Old September 7th, 2004, 09:57 PM
SAM

Default Check this out! City At Sea!

I heard about this and finally found the website for it... this is where I
want to retire, check out the global path it will take! Awesome concept!

http://www.freedomship.com/

I can't wait to get an apartment on this!

Old September 7th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:57:15 GMT, "SAM" wrote:

I heard about this and finally found the website for it... this is where I
want to retire, check out the global path it will take! Awesome concept!

Hi Sam,

This has been around for many years. There are not any plans to
actually build it.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old September 7th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:57:15 GMT, SAM wrote:

I heard about this and finally found the website for it... this is where I
want to retire, check out the global path it will take! Awesome concept!

http://www.freedomship.com/

I can't wait to get an apartment on this!

No pot smoking will be allowed.
Old September 8th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Earl

Ray Goldenberg wrote in
:

wrote:

I heard about this and finally found the website for it...
this is where I want to retire, check out the global path it
will take! Awesome concept!

Hi Sam,

This has been around for many years. There are not any
plans to actually build it.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

But to bring you to the "real" world.

There does exist a traveling "condo" ship.
(World of ResidenSea) that has been built and is operating. A
sister ship is under plans/in construction.

Condos are in 1000 - 2000 sqft size and sold for $2000 a sqft.
Old September 16th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 8 Sep 2004 21:14:37 -0500, Earl wrote:

So you are saying that the condos used as tourist sites were a
pain so the condo owners purchased the ownership of the ship
from the builders (which I saw).

Sounds like the condo did not want to be a hotel; nothing that
says that the "real estate" project was a failure.

The prospects for building a second condo are still there. Just
keep the low rent crowd off the decks.

More of a chicken and egg thing. Sales weren't what they owners had
forecasted, they rented units (for revenue and to attract potential
owners), condo owners got ****ed over the riff-raff, circle again.

It wasn't a purchase either but a 99 year lease.

Viable? Probably? But Residensea may have been the pioneer......and got the
proverbial arrow in the back of the head to show for it.