South Florida!

Old September 9th, 2004, 10:22 PM
rei-04

Default South Florida!

Hi everybody,
I am wanting to move to south florida, but do not know to much about it.
Yes, I know that now is not a great time to move there. So please no
comments about that. I am just trying to get some information about it.
I would like to move somewhere either close to one of the beaches or at
least be like an hour away, but do not want to go broke trying to afford
my place nor do I want to live in a bad part of the city. I also am
looking for some great night life entertainment(clubs,bars,restuarants).
I am a 28 yr old white male and I do not speak portugese or spanish, so
preferably a place where I won't be outnumbered, well at least not that
bad anyways. Any help with this would be great. Thanks for your time.

Jeff

Old September 9th, 2004, 10:40 PM
PeterL

"rei-04" wrote in message
lkabouttravelling.com...
Hi everybody,
I am wanting to move to south florida, but do not know to much about it.
Yes, I know that now is not a great time to move there. So please no
comments about that.

Right now is probably a great time to move to south Florida. Real estate
should be less expensive.

Old September 11th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Dennis Lewis

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:22:42 -0400, "rei-04"
wrote:

... I would like to move somewhere either close to one of the beaches or at
least be like an hour away, but do not want to go broke trying to afford
my place nor do I want to live in a bad part of the city. ...

Do you intend to rent or buy? Housing prices between West Palm Beach
and Miami have skyrocketed, partly because developers are hemmed in by
the Everglades on one side and the Atlantic on the other. In Central
Florida, Tampa, Orlando and Daytona Beach aren't constrained by the
Everglades, so you might find those metropolitan areas more affordable
than Miami/Fort Lauderdale. The nightclubs in Central Florida aren't
as "hip" as the clubs in South Beach. But the Orlando suburb of Winter
Park has some nice restaurants, and it's only about 45 minutes down
I-4 from the sands of Daytona Beach. If you're looking for exciting
nightlife, proximity to the beach *and* affordability, you may want to
consider Tampa. You may want to spend a couple of weekends in Tampa,
check the real estate ads in the Tampa Tribune and the St. Petersburg
Times, and compare Florida's Gulf Coast with South Florida.