apartment in Manhattan

Old March 27th, 2007, 05:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
garrabino

Default apartment in Manhattan

Hi. We are a family of 7 people from Spain looking for a 3 bedroom
apartment in Manhattan, for september 22 to 29. We need no luxury but
cleanlyness and furnished with all included. Anybody can help us?.
Thanks in advance from Spain
Old March 27th, 2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Iceman

http://newyork.craigslist.org/vac/

Old March 27th, 2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
paula

garrabino wrote:

Hi. We are a family of 7 people from Spain looking for a 3 bedroom
apartment in Manhattan, for september 22 to 29. We need no luxury but
cleanlyness and furnished with all included. Anybody can help us?.
Thanks in advance from Spain

check out vacation rental by owner ( www.vrbo.com)
they have various Manhattan places.
Check them out and come back here to see if anyone knows this area
and can give advice of it.
For other such sites, type in google " vacation rentals by owner"
you will get other places like A1 vacations, cyberrentals, etc.
Also, type in "new york furnished rentals" and see what pops up.
Good luck, hope you find something nice.
the above way is how I find my vacation places. never ever hotels
anymore; so much room and till now much cheaper, more privacy.
Oh, unless you know exactly what you want to see and do,
some rental will have brochures for the area, some do not. Go to a hotel
lobby ( or tourist information) and get many pamphlets.

Old March 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Vacation Mamma

On Mar 27, 9:34 am, garrabino wrote:
Hi. We are a family of 7 people from Spain looking for a 3 bedroom
apartment in Manhattan, for september 22 to 29. We need no luxury but
cleanlyness and furnished with all included. Anybody can help us?.
Thanks in advance from Spain

I stayed in a great place around Lexington and 32nd last summer, but
not big enough for 7. Found it on www.greatrentals.com which is now
part of www.homeaway.com Best choice I made as far as location and
affordability. We were 2 blocks from train station on the 6. In
addition to the VR listing sites already mentioned you should try
www.craigslist.org - new york city vacation rentals, and also "google"
the same term. Things to ask: is yours a legal sublet? what is the
exact address so you can www.maps.google.com it? ask about the
cleanliness, look at lots of photos, read prior guest reviews, get a
written rental agreement; pay by credit card if possible.

Enjoy.

Old March 31st, 2007, 07:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
paula

Vacation Mamma wrote:

[...]

Excellent advice which I forgot. yeah, greatrentals aka homeaway is
also a good site and one of the ones popping up googling vacation rentals.
Actually, I never have paid anyone with a credit card yet and so far so good,
but of course it is safer. And this year ( May) is the first one with a written
rental
agreement ( but this place comes with a 21 foot bowrider boat ) Even had places
not caring about a deposit, even though a deposit is understandable.
Just one thing neither of us mentioned, check the cost carefully. some incl.
taxes,
cleaning fees and whatever other charges, some incl. some other costs, others do
not
incl. anything else. They might seem cheaper but might not be. So, read
everything