Disney World & Florida

Old October 28th, 2003, 06:01 PM
George

Default Disney World & Florida

Thinking of going to Disney with the family. I see that Kissimmee is close
by and has cheaper hotel rates than maybe staying on the resort. Any
suggestions on where to stay? Also what time of the year would be best in
terms of weather and avoiding long waits for the rides? Also would like to
go to Clearwater Beach . Heard Pier 60 is very nice. Would appreciate any
and all advice. Thanks.

Old October 28th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Harry Everhart

Thinking of going to Disney with the family. I see that Kissimmee is close
by and has cheaper hotel rates than maybe staying on the resort. Any
suggestions on where to stay? Also what time of the year would be best in
terms of weather and avoiding long waits for the rides? Also would like to
go to Clearwater Beach . Heard Pier 60 is very nice. Would appreciate any
and all advice. Thanks.

Right now is an excellent time to go to Disneyworld. Weather is great
and crowds are low. Stay on the Disney property. Park your car - save
the time you will waste jockeying back and forth in the traffic. There
are bargain hotels on the net right on Disney property. You can stay in
some of the hotels for $79 a night.

Do not go near Disney over the Thanksgiving or Christmas to New Year
Breaks. It gets so busy - they close down the parking lots. But between
Thanksgiving and Christmas - it is empty again.
Old October 28th, 2003, 10:46 PM
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:22:01 GMT, Harry Everhart
wrote:

...Stay on the Disney property. Park your car - save
the time you will waste jockeying back and forth in the traffic. There
are bargain hotels on the net right on Disney property. You can stay in
some of the hotels for $79 a night.

Been there and totally agree with the above post even if it is a few
dollars a day more than off the property.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://waveprohosting.com/tnguym
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Old October 29th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Shashay Doofray

George wrote in message ...
Thinking of going to Disney with the family. I see that Kissimmee is close
by and has cheaper hotel rates than maybe staying on the resort. Any
suggestions on where to stay? Also what time of the year would be best in
terms of weather and avoiding long waits for the rides? Also would like to
go to Clearwater Beach . Heard Pier 60 is very nice. Would appreciate any
and all advice. Thanks.

We went to Disneyworld in 1999 on December 14th. It was cold and drizzly,
but we didn't have to wait ONCE in line - not even for the premium rides.
Frankly, I thought the weather was much better than sweating my butt off in
July.

We stayed in a no-tell motel somewhere about 5 miles from Disney. It cost
about $50 a nite. No pool or any of that crap, but there was a charming
little bar just next door that we could stagger back from without driving.

All in all it was a great visit and I would love to go again.

SD

Old October 29th, 2003, 11:35 AM

May, Jan, and Oct. are the best months. Weather is nice and lines are
low. The beginning of the Thanksgiving week isn't bad, but,
Thanksgiving on is terrible. As someone else said Dec. 1-15 is good
also.

The cheapest Disney hotels are the All star Resorts. If you like
camping Ft. Wilderness is fabulous with lots of free things to do with
kids. You can also have 10 people on a site.

If you go during the above off seasons you can just roll into Kissimee
on 192 and practically pick any non-fancy hotel for $35 a night. Hotels
are plenty and demand is low. (Of course this excludes Thanksgiving
week, Memorial Day, and MLK weekend)

If you have a large group try renting your own house. We've rented
houses off 192 with 6 bedrooms, private pool, and 3 baths for 16 people
that ran $70 pp for 7 nights.

Here are some fav websites :
www.flhotels.com www.orlandoescape.com
www.lionsluxuryvillas.com

If you don't choose Disney property then stay on 192 or in Lake Buena
VIsta areas for the least driving.

Shelly in FL

Old October 30th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Christy Bennington

Please check out the following websites before you go anywhere near Disney.
They have the most concise information....and there is a LOT of information
to have.

www.mousesavers.com

www.wdwig.com

BTW, I am in no way affiliated with either website.

Christy
Phil 4:13