2003 RTC Awards

Old December 30th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Tom & Linda

Default 2003 RTC Awards

CupCaked aka CupCaked wrote:

"fishman" wrote:

More importantly, when are people ill-equipped to handle the responsibility
going to stop becoming parents?

Bingo! That is the ultimate question.
Not everybody should be a parent.

You at least need a license to drive a car. There's no prerequisite
or testing for parenthood.

Or training.

--Tom
Old December 30th, 2003, 02:01 AM
CupCaked aka CupCaked

Tom & Linda wrote:

CupCaked aka CupCaked wrote:

You at least need a license to drive a car. There's no prerequisite
or testing for parenthood.

Or training.

It's amazing how many great kids are the products of "fly by the seat
of your pants" parenthood methods ;-)

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old December 31st, 2003, 12:55 AM
fmomoon

CupCaked aka CupCaked wrote in message
Tom & Linda wrote:

CupCaked aka CupCaked wrote:

You at least need a license to drive a car. There's no prerequisite
or testing for parenthood.

Or training.

It's amazing how many great kids are the products of "fly by the seat
of your pants" parenthood methods ;-)

What really amazes me is how some kids survive intact despite parent's
ineptitude.
--
Monica
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future plans. (Woody Allen)

Old December 31st, 2003, 01:03 AM
fmomoon

Cruising Chrissy wrote in message
Tell me which is more cruel. To tell the truth or pat George on the
back as if all is well. Which one?

Whether or not someone is obese, should not be your concern. I have

never
met any of you. The fact that so many of you have met, is a lovely

thing.
I would never mention in a newsgroup whether someone was obese or

crippled
or had a bad haircut. It simply isn't necessary.

You didn't answer the question.

My answer, very clearly, is that the question is one that you do not have
the right to ask. If you were to ask if it is better to kill someone
quickly or slowly, my answer would be not to kill them at all. Do you
understand?

Tell me which is more cruel. To tell the truth or pat George on the
back as if all is well. Which one?

In the verbage you choose to use, I would never accept the question. Let me
rephrase it in a manner more along the lines of what I think, you meant: It
is less cruel to say what I believe to be the truth or to lie about what I
believe to be the truth? Oh, well. Either way, I wouldn't answer because
it, like so much, is not any of my business.

And, yes, it is cruel.

Which is more cruel then?

Anyone who is trying to get control over their own health issues has my
respect and admiration. So few of us actually do anything about these
issues before it's too late. So yes, a pat on the back is certainly

kinder
than a swift kick.

Kinder? Oh yeah, kinder is exactly what got George where he is today.
He was kind to food, people were kind to him watching him destroy his
health, everyone was soooooo kind, kindly feeding him and kindly never
reminding him of the health consequences of being morbidly obese.

Are you saying that a person isn't responsible for their own health? When
you were a child, did nagging by parents ever stop you from doing something
you wanted to do? He's a grown man, I assume. Let him make his own
decisions. I still stand my by belief that when someone decides to take
control over their health, they will be more successful than when others
browbeat him/her into making a decision.

Do you really know him that well, or are you projecting?
--
Monica
If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future plans. (Woody Allen)

The Not So Fine Art Of Google
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6

Old December 31st, 2003, 01:11 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:03:44 GMT, "fmomoon"
wrote:

You didn't answer the question.

My answer, very clearly, is that the question is one that you do not have
the right to ask. If you were to ask if it is better to kill someone
quickly or slowly, my answer would be not to kill them at all. Do you
understand?

Not a clue. This is Usenet, both of us can ask any question we want.