living on a ship

Old February 11th, 2010, 04:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default living on a ship

"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message

I can think of less expensive and still
luxurious places in which to retire. I'm
not talking about wrinkle retirement
communities either.
-

Where is the wrinkle retirement community? I have a lot of wrinkles I
think should be retired.

Good one, Doris!

--Jean ;-)
__

Old February 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

I have wrinkles,and white hair,and feel i earned every one of them and
happy to have white hair rather than no hair at all

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 11th, 2010, 05:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

An elderly lady friend from Naples Fl. was visiting my Uncle. When
people ask her where she lives in Fl. she laughs and says "limp dick
city." This is a new one I hadn't heard!

Old February 11th, 2010, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonny

"Seehorse Video" wrote in message

"Brian K" wrote in message
m...
Nonny consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared On 2/9/2010 7:08
PM:
On the Ryndam, I met a very nice lady who always wore a rose
in her hair. I commented on it and she told me she'd lived
aboard HAL ships for 14 YEARS, paying double for the single
supplement. I wonder if the singles cabins on NCL would be a
half-priced, so to speak, way to retire.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/

Hi Brian,

It would seem that cost is not an important consideration for
the lady. I suspect she feels she is living the life of a queen
and it does seem pretty good to me. I have heard of similar
ladies.

Harry Cooper

Harry, the lady was absolutely loved and adored by the HAL staff
on the Lido deck. She appeared to know each one of them and they
did all they could to help her and be nice to her. She was a very
pleasant person to visit with, and I wish I'd done it more.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Old February 14th, 2010, 02:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Default What is a wrinkle community? was ( living on a ship

Surfer E2468 consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared On 2/11/2010 12:18 PM:
I have wrinkles,and white hair,and feel i earned every one of them and
happy to have white hair rather than no hair at all

cruise lover(~~~~~

A wrinkle retirement community is one where everybody is old and
shriveled up in their outlook on life. A typical wrinkle or wrinklette
spends the day complaining about their aches and pains to anyone who
will listen. If several get together they become competitive as to who
has more miladies, and woes (children who never write, phone, or visit).

A typical wrinkle or wrinklette will show up at Morrison's Cafeteria or
Olde Time Country Buffet armed with several zip lock bags in coat
pockets or "pockabook" for which to steal food under the justification
that "I've paid for it." A busload can decimate the restaurant as if
they were a plague of locusts. They fill these zip lock bags with
everything that isn't nailed down, including gravy. This is done
despite signs saying that it's not permitted.

Upon misplacement or loss of an item, a typical wrinkle or wrinklette
goes around accusing friends and relatives of either hiding it on them
or having stolen the item. They never apologize once the item is
located. Wrinkles and wrinklettes live to run over people, cats and
dogs with their motorized wheel chairs. They feel entitled to do
so...with impunity.

In short a wrinkle community is one where all the old people who are an
emotional black hole reside. I doubt that any in this newsgroup would
fit this description.

--
________

Old February 26th, 2010, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Previews Reviews

The original lady lived on the Sagafjord for may years,

She had a mansion in Wisconsin, but only went home when the ship was in
dry-dock. She kept her staff at the mansion employed, so they could
live there.

She finally has to leave the ship for the hospital for alcohol related
illness.

On the ship the crew took her to her to bed each night-drunk.

Gadget