Whale impaled by cruise ship!

Old September 16th, 2009, 11:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sarah Adams

Default Whale impaled by cruise ship!

Hey Guys,
I found this article about this poor whale being killed by a cruise
ship.
This is the link:

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/C...102/story.html

Do you think this is enough of a reason to petition for wildlife
detection devices on bigger ships?
Let me know what you think
Sarah
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:47:06 -0700 (PDT), Sarah Adams
wrote:

I found this article about this poor whale being killed by a cruise
ship.

Hi,

You are mistaken. The researchers discovered the whale was already
dead when the ship had hit the whale.
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old September 17th, 2009, 12:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sarah Adams

Really?!
Where did you find that out?
I guess that's a good thing...
Old September 17th, 2009, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ike

Can you imagine how difficult it is to steer perfectly and impale such a
target?
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonny

"Sarah Adams" wrote in message
Hey Guys,
I found this article about this poor whale being killed by a
cruise
ship.
This is the link:

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/C...102/story.html

Do you think this is enough of a reason to petition for wildlife
detection devices on bigger ships?
Let me know what you think
Sarah

Sarah, you really need to get out more. Most cruise lines do this
intentionally, adding to the food stores aboard the ship. When
not impaling whales, are you aware that passengers can rent rifles
to shoot dolphins? I got 2 on the last cruise to Alaska, but
still didn't get the prize. There's also a lot of shotgun fun off
the aft deck with gulls, terns and other birds that are drawn to
the ship from the spilled blood of the impaled whales.

--
Nonny

Government is the great fiction
through which everybody endeavors
to live at the expense of everybody else.

Old September 17th, 2009, 04:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JRachels

Nonny wrote:

[...]

Nonny, you are soooooo bad!!!

--
"We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." - The Talmud
"People demand the freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of
Old September 17th, 2009, 08:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sarah Adams

On Sep 17, 12:16*am, Ike wrote:
Can you imagine how difficult it is to steer perfectly and impale such a
target?

I don't believe for a second that captains intentionally try to hit
whales because

1 - It's a cruel thing to do
2 - It would be detrimental to the schedule of the ship
3 - I'm sure at least 80% of passengers would NOT want to see a whale
impaled by their ship.

Nonny, i have absolutely zero respect for you and your disdain toward
wildlife.
Old September 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

JRachels wrote On 9/16/2009 11:57 PM:
Nonny wrote:

[...]

I hear that the crew of the Steve Irwin plan to sail across the bow of
the next cruise ship attempting such a move. Look out here comes a
stink bomb!

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Sarah Adams wrote:

On Sep 17, 12:16*am, Ike wrote:
Can you imagine how difficult it is to steer perfectly and impale such a
target?

I don't believe for a second that captains intentionally try to hit
whales because

1 - It's a cruel thing to do
2 - It would be detrimental to the schedule of the ship
3 - I'm sure at least 80% of passengers would NOT want to see a whale
impaled by their ship.

Nonny, i have absolutely zero respect for you and your disdain toward
wildlife.

To bad that your humor detector is so out of whack.