My VOYAGER OF THE SEAS (9-19 thru 9-24) Review

Old September 27th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Florence and Lou Roth

What a great review Karen!!

I'm now thinking of the Voyager for July or August. I see that they
changed the itinerary from New England to Bermuda.

I wonder how I would like being out at the Dockyard. Do you think that
they will have entertainment such as the ice show on the ship while
docked in Bermuda? Also will the lounges that you liked be open while
docked ?

Florence

Old September 27th, 2004, 05:16 AM
D Ball

Interesting perspective, Karen. Thanks for sharing your experience.

As much as you and Hans adore crossings, I'd encourage you to take a look at
the Radiance-class schedule for 2005. I have fond memories of our
Amsterdam-Boston voyage on the Serenade, which, in all of my cruise
experience compared to yours, ha ha, is easily the most gorgeous ship I've
ever cruised.

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

Old September 27th, 2004, 05:42 AM
William Coleman

"Florence and Lou Roth" wrote in message
What a great review Karen!!

I'm now thinking of the Voyager for July or August. I see that they
changed the itinerary from New England to Bermuda.

I wonder how I would like being out at the Dockyard. Do you think that
they will have entertainment such as the ice show on the ship while
docked in Bermuda? Also will the lounges that you liked be open while
docked ?

Florence

Florence,
Voyager will be doing alternating itineraries next year. 5 day cruise to
Bermuda with 2 days and 1 night in Bermuda. They then switch to a 9 day
Western Caribbean with stops in Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Labadee, and Grand
Bahamas Island.

Bill
--
visit my Caribbean Princess website
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com

Old September 27th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Linsifer

And, who knows, Karen....Carnival might be next! :-)

Great review. Wonderfully written. Made me feel like I was right there on the
ship. This is truly one class I want to try someday...and RCI, to boot. I won't
hold my breath, but at least I can get my "fix" with reviews like yours, Karen.

Lindsay

Karen wrote:

In summary, I'm very glad I tried RCI, am so looking
forward to trying other RCI ships, more so than I am sailing with
Cunard again. And will I sail with Cunard again? Sure, but with a
much more open mind. I will definitely be back on RCI.

Karen
Old September 27th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Linsifer

Now that's what I like to hear!! It's such a refreshing, human approach and I
LIKE it! It becomes you.

Lindsay

Karen said:

I guess you could say I'm starting to expand my horizons. Just wait
'til you read my review on the Carnival ship I'll probably be trying
soon ;-)

Karen

Old September 27th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Benjamin Smith

Karen Segboer wrote:

(Linsifer) wrote:

And, who knows, Karen....Carnival might be next! :-)

Hey, ya never know :-)

Karen,

I think there are cycles of what people need in a cruise (or any type of
leisure excursion). You are at a very advanced place in cruising. You've
done Deutschland, Radisson, Cunard multiple times, have a rich
experience in doing liners, so now you are "ready" to spread your wings
and appreciate what's in the mainstream.

I'm not there. My wife and I want smaller, fewer options to choose from
and the options available to our tastes and lifestyle, mostly
non-Caribbean itineraries and there are a few that we are interested in
doing. We are on the search for our line, HAL and Celebrity have only
bits and pieces of it and we don't like their current product direction.

Yes, we enjoyed Explorer of the Seas for sure, but we don't see
ourselves on that type of ship for awhile. And I would say the best way
to describe the Celebrity Constellation was mostly lacklustre, that's a
ship I didn't care for. New in ships doesn't interest us, character
does. With Carnival, if anything, Claudine dislikes their ships even
more than I do, and that's enough to keep us away. I personally have the
feeling that Carnival does as well if not better at its defined style of
cruising than RCI does, and probably best in the mainstream.

However, once you have done lines of various sizes, shapes, lineage, you
have perspective and I think you search less. I think you were searching
for awhile and felt comfortable going back to Cunard. Now, less search,
and have fun on the mainstream. If anything, the mainstream lines do
what they do well without the lofty promises and therefore higher
passenger expectations of lines that identify themselves as higher rung.

Ben S.
Old September 27th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Peri

Karen Segboer wrote:

I'll give it up early: There's not a thing I didn't like about
this ship and this cruise experience. I'm just sorry we didn't opt
for the nine nighter to the Caribbean instead.

We did, for next August, and I already can't wait! We've done the
Adventurer and Navigator, now will add the prototype to the list. I
would have preferred a 10-day itinerary, but 9 is closer to 10 than it
is to 7!!

~ Peri