Who wants a FREE cruise?

Old August 8th, 2005, 04:58 AM
mrtravel

Dillon Pyron wrote:

Thus spake "Rex" :

You must have been burned in the past. It's called reputation. I
own/run many sites and we giveaway prizes all the time. It's not that
hard to write a script to randomly select 1 person from 450.

And the person that wins I'm sure can validate that they won.

Stop being a sore loser, there are legit people in the world.

Um, can I enter without posting? Seems you might be running afoul of
some federal regs regarding contests.

Laws regarding sweepstakes specify that you don't have to buy anything
to enter.
Old August 8th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Reef Fish

mrtravel wrote:
Dillon Pyron wrote:

Thus spake "Rex" :

You must have been burned in the past. It's called reputation. I
own/run many sites and we giveaway prizes all the time. It's not that
hard to write a script to randomly select 1 person from 450.

And the person that wins I'm sure can validate that they won.

Stop being a sore loser, there are legit people in the world.

Um, can I enter without posting? Seems you might be running afoul of
some federal regs regarding contests.

Big deal!

Does the law specific the drawing must be public or show evidence
that the drawing wasn't rigged?

I know someone who won a violin years ago at a promotion of the
film "Magic Bow" (Stewart Granger playing Paganini). There was
no drawing. It was completely rigged. :-) But he took violin
lessons and went on to become a Concertmaster of a Symphony
orchestra before he gave it up, for the reason that he didn't
want to play in any orchestra that would have HIM as the
Concertmaster.

That's yet another reason I never enter a "free drawing" contest.

-- Bob.

Old August 8th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Kath G

its not a scam i am part of the group also.. dang i would love to win a
free cruise.. Take care Kathy

Old August 8th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Reef Fish

Kath G wrote:
its not a scam i am part of the group also.. dang i would love to win a
free cruise.. Take care Kathy

Kathy,

Are you saying you are part of the group of suckers, or you are
part of the group of spammers; OR you're an alias of Rex?

Even if it's not a SCAM, it's definitely an unwelcome SPAM in
USENET newsgroups. Anyone clueless enough to place and AD in
a ng should know that.

If a "free cruise" is indeed a legit offer, and the winner
legitably drawn, Rex could have used the cash value of that
prize to play MANY legitimate ADS in sources where ADS belong.

-- Bob.

Old August 9th, 2005, 01:51 AM
Rex

I think you guys are just mad at the world, sorry I posted something I
thought you migth like. Someone is going to win and soon, just though
you might like to know.

geeeeeze

Take an advil.

Old August 9th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Reef Fish

Rex wrote:
I think you guys are just mad at the world, sorry I posted something I
thought you migth like.

That sounds like the "recorded announcement" Ray Golddie (aka
Goldenberg) used to SPAM:
,
RG Hi Everyone,

RF I received this press release from ...

for his excuses of thinly disguised ads pf his DOGHOURE Travel.

In Ray's case, his sig of his travel agency, web-link, phone
numbers, etc., etc., were his SOLE purpose, whereas what he
posted were readily available to anyone who knows how to use
a browser for cruise info, if they cared about his news release
at all! Often his "news" are ancient. :-)

But YOUR AD, was completely undisguised. It is an unequivocal
case of placing an AD in the most inappropriate place on the
internet, in a USENET newsgroup!

And you are so clueless that you keeps coming back to defend
the indefensible.

Someone is going to win and soon, just though
you might like to know.

Nobody cares even if give EVERYONE a winning prize. It's your
AD that is in violation of USENET usage.

geeeeeze

Take an advil.

You sell those too? :-) NEVER take one, nor asprin, nor many
other pills that have asprin in its ingredient. LOL.

I think you are the one who needs to LEARN something about USENET
and advertising rules rather than taking pills.

Will the winner of the drawing be Dickhead Goldhaber's lovely
daughter Danni? :-) Or Dickhead himself?

-- Bob.

Old August 9th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Rex" :

I think you guys are just mad at the world, sorry I posted something I
thought you migth like. Someone is going to win and soon, just though
you might like to know.

geeeeeze

Take an advil.

What's the address where I can send a self-addressed stamped envelope
to get the information on the winner? You know you have to provide
that, don't you?

--
dillon

Linux, it's not just an OS, it's a way
of life.

And a damn fine one, at that.
Old August 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Reef Fish

Dillon Pyron wrote:
Thus spake "Rex" :

I think you guys are just mad at the world, sorry I posted something I
thought you migth like. Someone is going to win and soon, just though
you might like to know.

geeeeeze

Take an advil.

What's the address where I can send a self-addressed stamped envelope
to get the information on the winner? You know you have to provide
that, don't you?

Him? He doesn't even know he's not supposed to place ADs here!

Winner? Try Danni, c/o Dickhead Goldhaber in Cherry Hill, NJ.

BTW, haven't seen Dickhead lately. Did the Spam Squad finally
snatched him away?

Old August 10th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Kath G

no i am not saying i am part of a group of suckers or scammers its such
a group on line dam why dont you check it out or are you just a part of
that group also .. lmao..

Old August 10th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Kath G

i agree Rex.. i am part of that group why would people ruin anything
that is fun ..