TRAVELEX INSURANCE???

Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Jean O'Boyle

Default TRAVELEX INSURANCE???

Hi All,
I'm in the middle of insuring the last cruise booking and am in a toss up
between Access America and Travelex...Has anyone ever used Travelex, know
anything about them or had any experiences with them, good or bad?
TIA,

--Jean

Old August 24th, 2005, 12:33 AM
mrtravel

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Hi All,
I'm in the middle of insuring the last cruise booking and am in a toss up
between Access America and Travelex...Has anyone ever used Travelex, know
anything about them or had any experiences with them, good or bad?
TIA,

Did anyone else misread the name of the insurance company in the subject
line?
Old August 24th, 2005, 01:02 AM
How B

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Hi All,
I'm in the middle of insuring the last cruise booking and am in a toss up
between Access America and Travelex...Has anyone ever used Travelex, know
anything about them or had any experiences with them, good or bad?
TIA,

I've used Travelex a few times, but never had to make a claim. Only
time I had to use insurance was with Princess Care Gold, and they did a
super job. Have you compared the "fine print?"

http://www.insuremytrip.com/myquotec...-13521-43.html

How B

Old August 24th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"How B" wrote in message
I've used Travelex a few times, but never had to make a claim. Only time
I had to use insurance was with Princess Care Gold, and they did a super
job. Have you compared the "fine print?"

http://www.insuremytrip.com/myquotec...-13521-43.html

How B, I have already looked at this site and that is why I am asking...I am
undecided between Access America (whom I have purchased before but never had
to use for a claim) and Travelex, whom I have never used at all...I've
compared all the others and narrowed it down to these two...

Has anyone who travels frequently, ever purchased insurance for the whole
year and does it have the pre-existing waiver included for the entire
year's time?

Also, I am having a problem understanding the terminology below.. What is
the 14 day wait, IF purchased within the 15 days???
Usually they say, *if purchased 7 or 14 days after first payment*..The
wordage is confusing to me..

14 Day Wait, if purchased within 15 days
of First Trip Payment

Thanks,

--Jean

Old August 24th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Ray Goldenberg

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:57:29 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

Hi All,
I'm in the middle of insuring the last cruise booking and am in a toss up
between Access America and Travelex...Has anyone ever used Travelex, know
anything about them or had any experiences with them, good or bad?

Hi Jean,

FWIW, those are the 2 brands of insurance that I have recommended to
clients for many years. I have never had them deny a valid claim even
when it was a somewhat gray area.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old August 24th, 2005, 02:12 AM
its_my_dime

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All,
I'm in the middle of insuring the last cruise booking and am in a toss up
between Access America and Travelex...Has anyone ever used Travelex, know
anything about them or had any experiences with them, good or bad?
TIA,

--Jean

We've used the Travelex middle priced (can't remember the name) policy. We
like it because its insurance is primary, not secondary and you can get the
pre existing condition waiver. Also, additional medical (recommended if you
are on medicare).

Check these items on both policies you are considering.

But again, no direct claim experience..

Old August 24th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
FWIW, those are the 2 brands of insurance that I have recommended to
clients for many years. I have never had them deny a valid claim even
when it was a somewhat gray area.

Thanks, Ray,
Now, can you give me an explanation of *14 day wait if purchased within 15
days of first trip payment?* What is meant by the *wait?*

Thanks,
--Jean

Old August 24th, 2005, 02:58 AM
How B

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Also, I am having a problem understanding the terminology below.. What is
the 14 day wait, IF purchased within the 15 days???
Usually they say, *if purchased 7 or 14 days after first payment*..The
wordage is confusing to me..

14 Day Wait, if purchased within 15 days
of First Trip Payment

Hi Jean,

It's the financial default provision, if the airline/cruise line/tour
operator goes out of business. It means two conditions have to be met:

1) The insurance policy has to be purchased within 15 days of your first
trip payment,
AND
2) The financial default of the company in question has to occur more
than 14 days after the policy effectve date.

How B

Old August 24th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Ermalee McCauley

I had Travelex on my January cruise. Filed the claim and got paid
for the medical expenses.

Ermalee

Old August 24th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Charles

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

How B, I have already looked at this site and that is why I am asking...I am
undecided between Access America (whom I have purchased before but never had
to use for a claim) and Travelex, whom I have never used at all...I've
compared all the others and narrowed it down to these two...

I used Travelex on my last cruise in June. Did not have to file a claim
so I don't know how well they handle claims. It was recommended by my
TA and I think their policy is primary coverage which is a plus. I have
used Access America. No claim but I discovered after I got the policy
that there was a fifty dollar deductable.

--
Charles