RCCL implementing fees for Johnny Rockets

Old March 13th, 2004, 02:27 AM
PARNAMI

Default RCCL implementing fees for Johnny Rockets

It's not that faux, it's a fairly true re-creation. I tried the malts on
the Explorer, wasn't the same as the Johnny Rockets I've tried in New
Jersey.

The hamburgers aren't the same either. At Johnny Rockets here, grease ran down
my arm. Not so on Navigator....where over the course of 4 weeks, I ate quite
often. The burgers at JR's on Navigator were significantly better! Those WERE
NOT Nathan's hot dogs though!!

Cruising is like being awake, and dreaming!

Visit my cruise page:
http://parnami.tripod.com/

Old March 13th, 2004, 02:28 PM
JBDarmo

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
Am I the only one who really really really wants a cheeseburger
fries and a shake right now? This thread has made me hungry for some
good junk food.

We were on the Mariner last week. We ate at JRs 3 times and no fee. A friend
on the same cruise was charged the 3.95each. It was his first RCL cruise. We
are repeat cruisers....go figure.

Joe

Old March 13th, 2004, 03:25 PM
KPJEG

I don't like this idear at all .Soon you may have to buy a meal plan !!!And the
Voager class is getting there price and yet they are starting to nickel & dine
you on there cruises !!! I said the Vager class was like a floating land resort
,now they are starting to act like them !!
Ken G
Old March 15th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Lee

Paul Krause wrote in message ...
I can go to JR locally any time. Can't really see the attraction of a
chain restaurant on a ship. it is not why I cruise.

Exactly. Not only don't I see the attraction of a chain restaurant on
a cruise, I don't see the attraction of chain restaurant on land,
either. Our local pub makes a better burger than you could get at
Johny Rockets.

Lee
Old March 15th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Lee

"LES!" wrote in message
That said, I probably wouldn't ever try a "premium" or extra pay restaurant
on a cruise ship. To me, it's fundamentally wrong to charge extra for a meal
when for the most part, the cruise is listed as "all inclusive".

Cruises aren't listed as "all inclusive". But, you can always get a
no-added-fee meal. And, a decent one, at that. It's not "wrong" to
charge for something that has added value. If it doesn't appeal to
you, you can simply skip it. I just got off the HAL Zuiderdam, where I
had the opportunity to dine in their specialty restaurant, the
Odyssey. It carried an added $20 fee, and in my opinion, it was well
worth it. The waitstaff was very attentive (compared to just plain bad
in the dining room) and the food was exceptional. Dining room food in
HAL is very good, but the Odyssey was super. Add to that the nicer
ambience you get in a more intimate dining room. The $20 was well
worht it, and I was happy to pay.

Alcohol, I can kind of understand (however, the prices seem REALLY
exaggerated)

Not at all. I find drink prices on ship to be comparable or less than
what I pay in local watering holes.

I am leery of my cruise because of it. I'm gonna look like and idiot when I
ask "How much is this?" Before I say yes.

I think it's pretty straight forward, on a ship, what you'll be
charged extra for. And, you won't look like an idiot for asking.

Enjoy your cruise.

Lee

--

LES!

NOTE: Begin tasteless and "too long" signature here.

"It takes the Village People to raise a child. Sometimes you need a cowboy,
sometimes you need a cop, and sometimes you need a big gay Indian."

- Unknown (possibly Dharma & Greg)

a disturbing new study shows that studies are disturbing.

-ellen

===================================

To email me privately, remove your lips from my ass!

NOTE: End tasteless and "too long" signature here.

Old March 15th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Cal Ford

Perhaps onboard prices are comparable to other venues but it was not that long
ago that drink prices would go down once a ship left port because they did not
have to pay tax on booze served at sea. Those days are long gone ......

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , Ray Goldenberg says...

On 15 Mar 2004 11:13:47 -0800, (Lee) wrote:

Not at all. I find drink prices on ship to be comparable or less than
what I pay in local watering holes.

Hi Lee,

Everyone does not pay New York prices as you do or Santa Barbara
prices as I do. ;+) That being said, I think cruise lines compare
favorably with pricing at Caribbean resorts.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905