Hello everyone!

Old April 29th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 29 Apr 2005 08:52:00 -0700, cruise critics wrote:

Hell cruise people,

Interesting.
Old April 29th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Old April 30th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Surfer E2468

CHARLES:
Yes,when you get to the gate,you do get a group number A-B-or C,and yes
you can sit and wait for your group number to be called,but if you do
that,you have many people already lined up waiting,and as i stated
before,they get on and save seats for people they know are in B-or C
groups ,which is not fair for people that are in A.
surfer e2468

Old April 30th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Surfer E2468

BILL:
No not all were cruisers,a lot were just down right ignorant people

Old April 30th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Linsifer

And, if you print your boarding passes the morning of your flight
you're just about guaranteed a place in the A line.

Charles, how early does one need to be there? Myself, I have no problem
getting there early. It's my husband who isn't as keen on it. He has
another committment that morning, hence our need to fly out of SJC to
SEA at 5:55 PM. I want to give ourselves an hour to get to the airport,
at least. Traffic can be iffy. We plan to park in a Park and Travel lot
across from the airport with a free shuttle that goes back and forth.
So, would you say 2 hours before our flight is safe enough, especially
if we have our boarding passes printed already? We need to check 3
suitcases. I am very unfamiliar with airport procedure, although I
managed to do okay flying back East to NYC. I actually think worrying
about getting there on time when my husband is along makes me more
nervous than if he's not! He's much more casual about these things.
Me---I want to try to get a seat over the wing and I'm willing to do
what it takes, even if it means standing in line or arriving at the
airport hours early.

Lindsay ---------------- who is sooooo used to driving to the cruise
port.
************************************************** *********************************

Charles wrote:

I have flown Sothwest many times and never stood in line to get a seat.

When you get to the gate you get a group number. They board by that
number. You can sit until your group is called. The earlier you get
there the better group number you get but you don't stand in line for
hours. I have had no problem going to the gate an hour before the
flight. The only problem with not having assigned seats is that if you
get there late and are in one of the last groups and you are with
another person you amy not sit together.

--
Charles

Old April 30th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Linsifer

Wow----my sister-in-law had to take a polygraph training class down in
San Diego recently that lasted for several weeks. She flew SWA home
every weekend and all she did is print her boarding pass after 12:01 AM
the day of her flight. She didn't stand for hours in line. In fact, she
said, in SJC the "A" line was against one wall, so she sat in a chair
with her stuff right there in line as it moved. But, that could have
just been her experience. Listen, I am sooooo scared of flying, I am
more concerned that we're just going to get there safely. I hate to be
worrying about something else like lines or seating, etc. All I ask is
that I can get through this ordeal.

Lindsay
***************************************
Surfer wrote:

LINDSEY:
My idea of standing in line for 3-4 hours to get (MAYBE) a seat is not

my way of thinking,they should assign seats,how much more trouble can
that be?

Old April 30th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Linsifer

Thanks for your reassurance, Bill. I'm just going to go with a positive
outlook and if it's not too hectic, the folks at SWA said I can tell
the flight attendants about my fear of flying...and maybe I can even
meet the pilot if there's time.

I've been following a couple forums and the one pilot said that
assigned seating isn't in the cards in the REAL near future. But, then
things can change. Yes, I admit, I like being able to pick out my seat
just as I do my cabin on a cruise. Can you imagine everyone lining up
at the dock and running onto the ship to grab an unassigned
stateroom---first come, first served. LOL Anyway, the flight is just 2
hours (still TOO long for me)....but I'm just going to take a Xanax and
TRY to relax. I've taken two of those pills in my life---my roundtrip
to and from NYC back in 2002.

Lindsay
******************************
William Coleman Apr 27, 9:46 pm

Newsgroups: rec.travel.cruises
From: "William Coleman"
Lindsay,
Don't worry about Southwest. We just flew them from Philly to LAX a
couple
weeks ago. Just check in online anytime after 12:01am the day you are
flying
to get in the A group.
I've flown them 3 times so far and haven't encountered the 2 hours of
waiting in line to board. Southwest is setup so as soon as their planes
land
they are quickly unloaded, cleaned, refueled, reloaded with your
flights
luggage and the plane is back in the air. If the plane isn't flying it
isn't
making money. There's a reason they are one of the few airlines making
money.
It has also been discussed but nothing definite that they may go to
assigned
seats in the future.

Bill

Old April 30th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Linsifer

Thaaanks...now pray for no turbulence.

Lindsay
********************************
CC wrote:

Good for you, Linds, good for you. I'm proud of you.

On 27 Apr 2005 20:43:44 -0700, Linsifer wrote:

I'm flying on Southwest to Seattle and I'm going with a positive
attitude. I like their safety record and I met a great pilot who is a

Captain with close to 20 years with SWA. He's really helping me get
over my fear of flying, both by reassurance and through the book he
wrote.

Old April 30th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Linsifer

Great! Anything to make it easier. We probably won't get in until 8 PM
if we're on time. Then, after we get our baggage, we need to find a
taxi to take us downtown. How long does it take to get there from
SEA-TAC at that time of night? I know we could have just stayed
(cheaper) near the airport...but this way we'll be closer to the port
in the morning!

Lindsay

Old Sarge said:

The good part about flying SWA to Seattle is the fact they arrive at
the
main
terminal so you don't have to take the subway. Just walk straight
ahead and
down the escalator to baggage claim