Wine for teenagers.

Old November 21st, 2007, 06:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LeeNY

Default Wine for teenagers.

On Nov 18, 7:43 pm, "Daniel R. Bonham" wrote:

Once again this excuse is feeble at best. Children who are told by their
parents that they can not have crack cocaine under any circumstances will
sneak, finagle, beg or otherwise smoke some crack if they are worth a darn!
(To use your erred logic)

Crack cocaine is illegal. Period. Alcohol is legal, and at some point,
your children will be of age to buy it legally. Don't compare the two
substances - it's not a fair comparison.

My sisters and I were offered a sip of wine or beer at the dinner
table growing up, and actual glasses of wine or champagne before we
were of legal age but once we had achieved a level of maturity to
understand the risks and responsibilities that come with alcohol
consumption. My father didn't teach us to get drunk (mom was out of
the loop on this one...not much of an alcohol consumer), but he did
teach us how a glass of wine can complement a meal and how one can
imbibe without losing control. Neither my sisters nor I did not become
particularly big drinkers as a result of this early introduction to
booze. What we did get out of it was the concept of drinking
(especially wine) as a way to enhance a meal rather than to alter our
mental state of being. Those lessons have endured.

What non-sense. Just teach your kids values and that magic word NO!

This is not practical advice. Kids are gonna experiment with alcohol.
It's gonna happen, regardless of how many times you say no. Wouldn't
it give you more piece of mind to be there with them when they have
that first glass of wine? Or, are you more comfortable with them
drinking on the sly, behind your back, without your knowledge.

Lee
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 03:01:05 -0500, Daniel R. Bonham wrote:

Yes my children are taught tolerance, self-respect, moral values,
patriotism, and RESPECT FOR THE LAW. I make no apology for it and do not
answer to you with regards to my desire not to POISON my child (whether
legally or illegally). As for being a zealot, well all I can say is an
opinion was asked for and I gave one. Once again, this is pretty much how
civilized conversation goes. Hardly qualifies me as a zealot.

LOL

Then you post in near despair hoping that RCCL's teen programs are heavily,
adult supervised. Zealot, no; idiot, oh, sooooo yes.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:38:36 -0500, Daniel R. Bonham wrote:

Too much of *anything* - including fanaticism - can damage a child's
brain.

Warren

This is true. Clearly it did not damage you at all as you grew up to be a
corrupt immoral person who conspired with a travel agent from this group to
manipulate a group cruise on this very group and exclude many of the groups
most respected members because you viewed them as weeds.

Ah, Warren's OK, just keep your pants on. LOL
Old November 22nd, 2007, 09:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_2_]

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:21:46 -0500, Daniel R. Bonham wrote:

P.S. A troll is one who does nothing in a newsgroup but post controversial
posts to start trouble. I clearly do not fit that category as I am (and have
been in the past) an active member of the newsgroup. To many people label
someone a troll simply because they disagree with them.

So THAT's what a troll is. Thanks, that definition goes right along with
this one.

"A troll is someone who knows what a troll is and posts such garbage to a
newsgroup in hopes of pointing the finger away from his own trolldom."

Hey, if the bridge overheads....
Old November 24th, 2007, 03:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Buhwahaha

"LOIS HILLIARD" wrote in message
I sure hate to see way the world is going these days. I don't care what
the occasion is minors should not be aloud to drink wine or any other
acholic beverages. The world is something else these days.

Thank You;
Lois S. Hilliard

Can I get an Amen ????? Well said. My parents let me have a sip of beer at
the tender age of 11. Within 6 months I was drinking like a fish and
started smoking pot. The pot eventually turned to cocaine and mescaline by
the time I was 13. Today I am a heroin addict and live in a cardboard box
under the bridge near the Miami port authority. You've probably passed
right by me on your way to a cruise. I beg of you..........don't give the
kids alchohol. By the way..........if anyone needs some crack cocaine for a
cruise just stop near the bridge and beep your horn 2 times and I'll be
right out. Trust me........your ships entertainment will be 10 X better if
ya smoke some rocks before the show. Save big and buy "Made in the USA"
crack. You never know what you'll get from those savages in the islands.
Bon Voyage!

Old November 26th, 2007, 12:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Rudeney :

Dillon Pyron wrote:

I started drinking, with my parents, at about 12. A half glass of
wine (damn good wine) on occassion at dinner. Or a little beer at a
big celebration (like when my father won the European Championship in
skeet). No problems for me.

Yes, I was raised similarly. I always joke about it, but I think it
might be better if we changed our legal drinking age to 16 and the
driving age to 21.

Royal Caribbean allows a person 18 or over (on the day of boarding) to
have wine and beer with the permission of the parents on board. I
asked about guardians and was told no.

Actually, that has changed (quoted from RCCL's website):

"Effective as of all sailings commencing on or after July 28, 2006, the
minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Royal Caribbean
International ships is 21.

Yeah, no sooner had I said that then I read otherwise. What used to
be is what stuck in my head. We had originally planned a cruise for
the two of us and our neice that would have left right after her 18th
birthday, in June of 2006. Or course, Carol's "little health issue"
knocked that one out.

However, on cruises departing from European and South American
countries, where the legal drinking age is typically lower than 21, a
parent who is sailing with his or her son(s) and/or daughter(s) who is
between the ages of 18 to 20, may sign a waiver allowing the 18 to 20
year old to consume alcoholic beverages. "

--
dillon

"They don't make Jews like Jesus any more.
They don't turn the other cheek, the way they done before.
You could hear the honky holler, as he headed for the floor.
They don't make Jews like Jesus any more."
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Buhwahaha" :

[...]

Alcohol at a young age turned me into a lesbian. I'm only interested
in women.

Old December 6th, 2007, 12:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Alric Knebel[_3_]

On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:23:35 -0600, Dillon Pyron wrote:

Alcohol at a young age turned me into a lesbian. I'm only interested
in women.

I hear that.
--
____________________
Alric Knebel

http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html
http://www.ironeyefortress.com
Old December 6th, 2007, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BrianK

On 12/6/2007 7:38 AM Alric Knebel plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger
and said:
On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:23:35 -0600, Dillon Pyron wrote:

Alcohol at a young age turned me into a lesbian. I'm only interested
in women.

I hear that.

Most great actresses are lesbians, or is that thespians. Maybe both?

Favorite lesbians for 500:

A) Ellen Degeneres
B) Fran Libowitz
C) Melissa Etheridge
D) k.d. lang
E) Rosie O'Donell
F) Paula Poundstone

Hint: Paula Poundstone isn't a real lesbian, she just has a lot of cats
and wears a jacket & tie. ;-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera