I Hope This Isn't True.

Old December 30th, 2003, 09:04 PM
CupCaked aka CupCaked

Default I Hope This Isn't True.

DH called. Just heard from sources in the law enforcement community
that the NY metro area (and perhaps the entire nation) will be under a
hightened Red Alert very soon.

As I said in my subject line, I hope to the heavens this isn't true,
but anyone planning to travel for the New Year holiday, please keep
your heads up, your eyes open and stay safe.

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

Old December 30th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Dick Goldhaber

I tend to agree although I am not privy to the secrets of those who protect
us.

Is it better to suggest that we know what THEY are planning in order to get
them to change their minds, or let them think that THEY are putting one over
and catch them in the act? I don't know.

I have read and heard that nothing can fly over Las Vegas tomorrow night,
and that there is extreme security on both the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels.
Gosh, I was claustrophobic 30 years ago when I used to drive through the
Lincoln every Tuesday. Could I hold my breath all the way through just in
case there was a breach?

Jim, all I want to do is retire with grace and dignity this coming Friday
and be able to spend the rest of my life spending the money I had saved over
the last 70 years.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Jim" wrote in message
Nothing like releasing classified information before it is done

officially!
And people wonder why sensitive information should not be given out to

many
people. Someone always seems to blab.
Jim

Old December 30th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Mike Cordelli

That would probably just to **** off Tom Ridge who said earlier today it
would stay orange. With the festivities tomorrow night, the huge number of
people all in one place, going to red is probably totally appropriate.

Either that or they saw somebody with an Old Farmers Almanac walking down
Broadway

----start
HEMMER: We're at orange alert right now. What's the possibility we go one
step higher, the highest alert, red, before the holiday weekend's over?

RIDGE: Right now we think that the level of threat is appropriately at
orange and we have ramped up in an unprecedented way levels of security
around the country and I think you're going to see it remain there through
the balance of the week.

Old December 30th, 2003, 09:38 PM
CupCaked aka CupCaked

This isn't "classified" information, it's speculation based on
information given to law enforcement already. This information was
being discussed at a wake for a fallen officer here in this area, a
wake my husband just happened to attend this afternoon.

And in case you weren't aware, this is a travel newsgroup full of
people who could use a heads-up in case things get more tense or
security gets tighter at airports, etc.

Believe me, NOBODY hopes I'm wrong about this more than I do.

Old December 30th, 2003, 09:40 PM
CupCaked aka CupCaked

"Dick Goldhaber" wrote:

Jim, all I want to do is retire with grace and dignity this coming Friday
and be able to spend the rest of my life spending the money I had saved over
the last 70 years.

Wow, congrats! I know you'll enjoy retirement just
as much as I do :-)

Karen

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old December 30th, 2003, 09:44 PM
CupCaked aka CupCaked

"Mike Cordelli" wrote:

That would probably just to **** off Tom Ridge who said earlier today it
would stay orange. With the festivities tomorrow night, the huge number of
people all in one place, going to red is probably totally appropriate.

Either that or they saw somebody with an Old Farmers Almanac walking down
Broadway

Something else that was related to me: There was an incident today at
one of the state offices where a man, appearing to be from the Middle
East, made a comment about us Americans "ducking our heads again, just
like on 9-11-01" The man was detained and was to be questioned.
Something very similar occurred just before the September 11th attacks
in New York.

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old December 30th, 2003, 09:53 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Thank you, Karen, I just wish that I was your age.

One last encounter with the best Chinese food in Northeast Philadelphia and
then Monday I can sleep in.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old December 30th, 2003, 10:04 PM
JoyceR

Dick Goldhaber wrote:
Thank you, Karen, I just wish that I was your age.

One last encounter with the best Chinese food in Northeast Philadelphia and
then Monday I can sleep in.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Hi Dick,

I'm originally from NE Philly. Which Chinese restaurant are you
referring to?

Joyce -- Having Italian food from my favorite place in NYC tomorrow night.
--
"We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." - The Talmud
"People demand the freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of

Old December 30th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Jim" wrote in message
Nothing like releasing classified information before it is done

officially!
And people wonder why sensitive information should not be given out to

many
people. Someone always seems to blab.
Jim

Jim, why does this not surprise me? Some people are SO desperate to be the
center of attention and pretend that they are all knowing and SO important
that only they are privy to classified information. In their desperation,
they will resort to anything. Does it matter whom they might hurt or alarm
needlessly? Of course not, they must be in the spot light!! As I have
mentioned before, I have two brothers, and a cousin who are State Troopers
and a son who is in law enforcement, but they would never *blab* anything
that was classified. They believe in the chain of command and being
responsible. My husband had very sensitive and classified information in his
possession during the Korean and Viet Nam Wars, when he was in the military,
but I'm proud to say that he never divulged any of it..Not even to me, and
if he had, I certainly would not have immediately run out and announced it
to the world!. As they say "Loose lips, sink ships!" As for me, true or
not, I will believe it only when I hear it from the proper authorities.

--Jean

Old December 30th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:24:51 -0800, "Jim"
wrote:

Nothing like releasing classified information before it is done officially!

Classified, huh? By who?

If it was truly classified, then Karens would have to have working,
recent and specific security clearance. Would you consider this
"classified" information top secret, secret, confidential or SBU. We
need to know so when Hans prosecutes Karens, it will either be for
treason (death) or conspiracy to commit espionage (life imprisonment).

And people wonder why sensitive information should not be given out to many
people. Someone always seems to blab.

Oh, now its sensitive.

Sir, you are lacking a clue.

Wanna know how I know?