Carnival Conquest

Old July 4th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Charles

Default Carnival Conquest

In article , jcoulter
wrote:

At least on Carnival I haven't been subjected to "Are you a musician?" as I
was on the Big Red Boat when wearing my tux.

On the Zenith to Bermuda there were so few wearing tuxedos someone
thought I was a Matre'D.

--
Charles
Old July 4th, 2004, 05:38 AM
BlueM0ZARK

Blue-On our cruise on Carnival's Pride we were seated at a table for 8. All
four gentlemen wore tux's on formal night

And your point is?
My point is, there is nothing wrong with a nice shirt and tie. I repeat, I go
on a cruise to relax and have fun, not to do an impersonation of a penguin.
If you want to dress to impress people, fine, knock yourself out.
Old July 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , jcoulter
wrote:

At least on Carnival I haven't been subjected to "Are you a musician?" as I
was on the Big Red Boat when wearing my tux.

On the Zenith to Bermuda there were so few wearing tuxedos someone
thought I was a Matre'D.

LOL.....I saw some tuxes on our Bermuda sailings, but not a lot. The
dress code on our Bermuda sailings, was much relaxed by the passengers.

sue

Old July 4th, 2004, 05:38 PM
JBDarmo

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
Oh I can't wait for the Sleezy 3.....This sounds like a great ship. I
believe I also have seen more tuxes on Carnival than on RCCL Voyager.
Speaking of the Sleezy 3....I gotta go order my Tee shirts. I think the
logo is so cool. Happy 4th of July everyone.

See you on the Sleazy Rick! Yes, it does look like a great ship. Halloween
should be a blast!!

Joe & Becky

Old July 4th, 2004, 05:42 PM
JBDarmo

"villa deauville" wrote in message
Blue
On our cruise on Carnival's Pride we were seated at a table for 8. All
four gentlemen wore tux's on formal night.

SUNNY..........Perhaps you need to try all the mainstream cruise lines

Thanks Sunny! That was a great table. We had a blast. Sunny was delighted
when the
waiter brought her Fish & Chips for dinner.

Joe----Conquest on Halloween.

Old July 4th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Zegarskis" wrote in message
news:20040704164256.10883.00000667@mb- Charles,

Was it on the last evening?

Did you keep the envelope? vbg

Ray in NH

LOL, Ray!

Charles, you should not stand at the door in a tux on the last evening!

--Jean ;-)

Old July 5th, 2004, 12:18 AM
David C Jacobson

"barnesk" wrote in message
On July 4th, I will be aboard the Conquest. Is there anything about
the Conquest that might be good to know at the beginning of the trip
and could make things more fun?

Let us know how your trip was, and share any thing that would help the rest
of us!

David Jacobson
Baton Rouge

Old July 5th, 2004, 02:14 AM
RTCReferee

(BlueM0ZARK) wrote:

Blue-On our cruise on Carnival's Pride we were seated at a table for 8.
All four gentlemen wore tux's on formal night

And your point is?
My point is, there is nothing wrong with a nice shirt and tie. I repeat,
I go on a cruise to relax and have fun, not to do an impersonation of a

penguin.

If you want to dress to impress people, fine, knock yourself out

Now that is what I call a personal attack on those who choose to wear tuxedos
for whatever reason they do. They are not doing "impersonations of a penguin."
You don't know their motivation for wearing nice clothes, but I will bet it is
not to impress "people" in general, but perhaps is to show their partner how
special that person is to them, to enhance a lovely "evening on the town", so
to speak.

Most men look wonderful in tuxedos, and if you have a problem with wearing one
yourself, fine, just choose something appropriate to wear to the dining room
that conforms reasonably to what is requested in the daily cruise patter, out
of respect for the other passengers. A shirt and tie is in my opinion
appropriate for many evenings, but not for formal evenings when other attire is
requested.

By way of example, I have seen a cruise travelogue of a particularly obese and
homely couple, who "cleaned up" very nicely. He looked like a different person
when dressed up, actually rather handsome, much trimmer-looking and indeed
looked younger in a jacket than when he was in a T-shirt which showed every
blubbery bit. She looked not only pretty in her long dress but happy knowing
she looked nice. And it wouldn't hurt anything if seeing each other like that
brought back happy memories of their early courtship.

Blue, have you considered perhaps simply cruising on lines where dark suits or
jackets are never reequested or eating elsewhere on the ship on formal night?
Old July 5th, 2004, 02:34 AM
BlueM0ZARK

Now that is what I call a personal attack on those who choose to wear tuxedos
for whatever reason they do

personal attack? yeah, whatever...
get a real problem, ok?

They are not doing "impersonations of a penguin."

Looks like a frickin penguin to me. Call it whatever you want.

to show their partner how special that person is to them, to enhance a lovely

"evening on the town", so to speak

Listen...if someone's relationship is that superficial, a tux ain't gonna prove
anything...

A shirt and tie is in my opinion

appropriate for many evenings, but not for formal evenings when other attire is
requested

"other attire", huh? geeesh...you must just a *whole lotta* fun on a cruise.

Wired kinda tight, aren't you? Where do you live? Let me guess..new york city?

He looked like a different person

when dressed up, actually rather handsome, much trimmer-looking and indeed
looked younger in a jacket than when he was in a T-shirt which showed every
blubbery bit

You're judging people by their weight?
Again...just how superficial are you?

have you considered perhaps simply cruising on lines where dark suits or

jackets are never requested

Yeah, I already do ~~ Carnival. ;-)