Onboard Carnival Miracle

Old October 12th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Tom & Linda

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. ..

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message
. ..
Since I switched to OptimumOnline from Worldnet, I only get 1 day worth

of
archive posts. I can't go back more than 24 hours.

I'll have to forward it to you then to prove it, along with a few other
interesting posts that you have missed while gone!

Linda just booked Majesty OTS for this December, with her girlfriend

from
work... and I know that the buffet on that ship is not going to be
anything
like the huge, varied buffet on Navigator OTS.

Neat..she will have fun regardless..Differences in each ship make cruises
more interesting.
She going early in December?

For what it's worth... I found the food on Connie to be just about back

where Celebrity's food was pre RCI. This cruise had the second best

food
overall on our 32 cruises. Only Century under Chandris was better (when
they still had things like Palm Heart Salad). And service was superb.
Maybe the best waiter we've ever had. Even Ben would have been blown

away
by our waiter on Connie. He totally had his act together. 180 degrees
from
our waiter last time on Connie. Without even asking, he had the big
pepper
mill out for salads, soups and entrees. His service was every bit as

good
as the service we had at Ocean Liner's (specialty restaurant) the night

we
went.

That's good to hear..maybe the cruise lines are reading rtc and how

criusers
are reporting negatively about the food and actually doing something about
it! Think you can get Ben to try the Constellation?..You are now making me
wonder if I should, as I have been perusing the Galaxy and trying to fit

her
in a time table that we can travel on her.If you were me, which one would
you consider?

Connie. Or any of the Millie class.... though after hearing Diana's
comments about some shabby care on Millie... maybe stick with Connie,
Infinity or Summit.

I liked Galaxy... but not as much as Connie. Just works better for me.

--Tom

Nice to have you back!

--Jean

--Tom

Old October 12th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Charles

In article , Tom & Linda
wrote:

For what it's worth... I found the food on Connie to be just about back to
where Celebrity's food was pre RCI. This cruise had the second best food
overall on our 32 cruises.

One thing I have always said---food is not everything on a cruise. The
food has been pretty good on Miracle. The dining room waiter is
excellent. This is a good cruise and I am happy I booked it. I cruised
on Galaxy a few months ago, also out of Baltimore. I sailed on Island
Princess almost a year ago. Still, if I had to to choose between
Miracle and Galaxy, I would pick Galaxy. Between Miracle and Island
Princess, Island Princess.

There were a couple of replies to the initial impressions I posted. I
think Ben understood waht I was posting the best.

--
Charles

Old October 12th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Benjamin Smith

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
it! Think you can get Ben to try the Constellation?..You are now making me
wonder if I should, as I have been perusing the Galaxy and trying to fit her
in a time table that we can travel on her.If you were me, which one would
you consider?

Huh? I've already done the Constellation. Not interested in doing it
again, if I were to do a Millie ship it would be the Millie. Not a
high priority, however.

As far as the Galaxy goes vs. Constellation, please understand why I
like the Galaxy. The Savoy Lounge is evocative of a feeling I got at a
NYC jazz club. That's really personal. The ship has plenty intimate
spots and works for me in an evocative way to rather profound memories
of my childhood and adolescence and sense of discovery (without adult
baggage and cynicism). For some reason, it also works for Charles, but
maybe for his own very personal reasons. I really don't know how much
of a connection you'd have with the Galaxy.

You'd probably like the Millennium ship better. Any one. Doesn't have
to be Constellation, there's no huge difference between one and the
other. What makes Connie special right now is her Captain, the great
Iaonnis, and if Granville Bailey is still on her he is also one of
Celebrity's standout crew members. But for the ship itself, nothing to
me distinguishes one from the other except that Millennium is more
elegant and has a sports bar where the others have a plant
conservatory.

I really want to sail a Delta Queen steamboat, or the QE2, or
Deutschland, or maybe Radison Seven Seas Navigator. I'm not interested
in new generation ships except for the QM2 and Crystal Serenity. Next
Celebrity ship for Claudine and me, I think, the Mercury if we sail
alone, or one of the Horizon ships, if we sail with Peg and Derek to
Bermuda. I also, in a year or two, want to get back on RCI with Sue
W., Tom, Charles perhaps, and the Viking Group.

Ben S.

--Jean

Old October 12th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Benjamin Smith

Charles wrote in message

This is a good cruise and I am happy I booked it. I cruised
on Galaxy a few months ago, also out of Baltimore. I sailed on Island
Princess almost a year ago. Still, if I had to to choose between
Miracle and Galaxy, I would pick Galaxy. Between Miracle and Island
Princess, Island Princess.

Do you prefer Carnival over RCI? Do you still prefer RCI over Celebrity?

Ben
Old October 12th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Benjamin Smith" wrote in message
om...
Huh? I've already done the Constellation. Not interested in doing it

again, if I were to do a Millie ship it would be the Millie. Not a
high priority, however.

Oooops! sorry, Ben! I guess Tom saying, "Even Ben would have been blown away
by our waiter on the Connie" made me think it was a ship that you had not
been on!

As far as the Galaxy goes vs. Constellation, please understand why I
like the Galaxy. The Savoy Lounge is evocative of a feeling I got at a
NYC jazz club. That's really personal. The ship has plenty intimate
spots and works for me in an evocative way to rather profound memories
of my childhood and adolescence and sense of discovery (without adult
baggage and cynicism). For some reason, it also works for Charles, but
maybe for his own very personal reasons. I really don't know how much
of a connection you'd have with the Galaxy.

What attracts me to the Galaxy, Ben, is how you have described her above and
the colors she has that you have described in your other posts about
her..Also I like small ships..Occasionally larger ships are fine, but
sometimes I feel that I have not really thoroughly *explored* one when I
disembark. Because the size makes me feel I missed something and cannot
fairly give my opinion..Especially if I've been on her for only seven days!
Not so much a problem with this on smaller vessels.

You'd probably like the Millennium ship better. Any one. Doesn't have
to be Constellation, there's no huge difference between one and the
other. What makes Connie special right now is her Captain, the great
Iaonnis, and if Granville Bailey is still on her he is also one of
Celebrity's standout crew members. But for the ship itself, nothing to
me distinguishes one from the other except that Millennium is more
elegant and has a sports bar where the others have a plant
conservatory.

I guess I will have to try both! ;-) Oh time and money, where are you????

I really want to sail a Delta Queen steamboat, or the QE2, or
Deutschland, or maybe Radison Seven Seas Navigator. I'm not interested
in new generation ships except for the QM2 and Crystal Serenity. Next
Celebrity ship for Claudine and me, I think, the Mercury if we sail
alone, or one of the Horizon ships, if we sail with Peg and Derek to
Bermuda. I also, in a year or two, want to get back on RCI with Sue
W., Tom, Charles perhaps, and the Viking Group.

I think that the Delta Queen would be great fun for yet another experience
in variety..As for the QE2 and QM2, I have mixed feelings~~the class
distinction bothers me. I know...you pay for what you get, but at least on
the other ships, even if you stay in a Royal or Owner's Suite, vs. the
lowest cabin category, everyone eats in the same dining room, which I think
is fair..On the Cunard ships that I mentioned, I feel all that is lacking
is, "Monied Passengers Only" and "For Peons Only" signs...pretty much like
the "Whites Only" signs that I very well remember in many places when we
were stationed in Virginia in the 50's..
Forever left a bad taste in my mouth.. Maybe I will change my mind and break
down and try one if someone twists my arm enough! ;-) Time will tell!

It's interesting that you consistently mention the Mercury..I'm going to
have to see some inside photos of her..
Let us know if you ever decide to take one of the Horizon ships to Bermuda
with Peg & Derek..Peg sent me a video of a ship that we were taking once, I
was very touched by her generosity, as we had never met..So maybe we might
tag along and get to meet them, you and Claudine...it would probably not be
very difficult to entice Tom & Linda to come along with their love of
Bermuda..In fact, right off hand I can easily think of some other Bermuda
lovers!

--Jean

Ben S.

Old October 12th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Charles

In article , Benjamin
Smith wrote:

Do you prefer Carnival over RCI? Do you still prefer RCI over Celebrity?

Answering today I prefer RCI over Carnival. I might say different at
the end of the week. The problem with RCI though is that they let the
food quality suffer. Carnival has the better dining. As far as RCI
versus Celebrity, Celebrity has been coming up the last few cruises. I
think I will wait until after the December RCI cruise to say if I
prefer one over the other. I have not been on RCI for a couple of
years.

--
Charles