Hello everyone!

Old April 27th, 2005, 01:51 AM
DJ TeK

After reading all of the replies, I have to thank you all for your thought
promoting comments. I work for Princess Cruises and have now for just over
1 year. I have sailed the Tahitian Princess, Island Princess and I am on my
way to the Coral Princess on Friday.

In quick reference to the PA announcements, although I have never had to
make an announcement on the system I believe Princess has tried to
drastically reduce the amount of announcements made over the PA. The new
approach is to make an announcement from the venue in which the activity
will actually take place (ie: poolside announcement of pool games using
local poolside PA). The three CDs I have worked under have all felt that
too many announcements is a bother and we do try to avoid making them. The
main announcements that I have heard from the CDs office generally will
announce Bingo once and perhaps our Island Night Deck Party. I personally
feel the same as most of you in regards to frequent use of the PA.

Again, I appreciate all of your comments and I urge you to communicate any
and all comments (positive or negative) to the respective cruise lines you
frequent. Letting them know what you like/dislike is truly the only way to
effect positive change.

I will be assigned to the Coral Princess for 6 months as it turns out, not
the 2 as was initially stated. It seems they wish to groom me for a higher
rank and responsibility. The COral will be sailing the Alaskan waters from
mid-May to early September. I'll be sure to let you all know when I'm back.

Take care untill then

William

-- Changing the Cruise Industry One Ship At a Time.

"DJ TeK" wrote in message
Hi there everyone.

I am new to the group and thought I would introduce myself.

Firstly, my name is William. Secondly, I am an Assistant Cruise Director
with one of the major cruise lines.

I really enjoy reading your reviews of cruises (yes I have been lurking
for a little while) as it helps me think of things to make the valued
passengers we recieve have a better time onboard our vessels.

I would like to pose a question to the group if I may;

What is your favorite cruise line and why?

I'm on my way out to sea again for my next contract on Friday for a short
2 month contract but thought I would say hello to everyone first.

I'll divulge a little more information on my next posting .. have a great
day!

Will

Old April 27th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Surfer E2468

DORY: Better still.fly any air line except SOUTHWEST a real bummer

Old April 27th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Surfer E2468

DORY: Better still.fly any air line except SOUTHWEST a real bummer

Old April 27th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Surfer E2468

The more exclusive ships have very high pries,their way of weeding out
the have's,and the have nots

Old April 27th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Surfer E2468

Old April 27th, 2005, 02:26 AM
Becca

Gosh Will, asking us about our favorite cruise line, is like asking us
which child is our favorite. Comparing cruise lines is difficult. The
cruise lines keep changing, some changes are better, some are worse.

I will list my favorite cruise lines first, but my favorites may change.
A couple of these cruise lines are no longer around.

Princess - fresh water pools, Personal Choice dining, food
Norwegian - entertainment, Freestyle dining, food
Carnival - entertainment, activities, food
Royal Caribbean - Solarium, entertainment, activities
Royal Olympic
Celebrity
Commodore

Some day I would like to cruise on HAL. At the present time I have no
desire to cruise on Cunard, Costa, Crystal, Seabourn or Radisson. From
what I can tell, and I may be wrong, our personalities would not fit.
As I age, my likes and dislikes change, so who knows what my favorites
will be 5 or 10 years from now.

Becca -----BTW, my favorite CD's have been on NCL...

Old April 27th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Marsha L

On the chance that Tammy Abbott (she was Dance Captain on my two cruises
aboard the original Pacific Princess during her last year in service with
Princess) is aboard... please give her my regards. She writes every now and
then, but not recently and I don't know where she is...

Marsha