Crown Princess at sea enroute to San Juan

Old August 28th, 2006, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean

Default Crown Princess at sea enroute to San Juan

Having a great time..the ship is absolutley beautiful but TOO darn big!
I feel sorry for Sheree and family having to make the long trek to the
dining room and buffet since they are in a forward suite. We are just
two decks above the dining room with an easy walk down. The buffet is a
five deck elevator ride directly above us too! Our stern balcony is
wonderful with a mid-wake view. Tables and chairs are made of a wire
mesh material..Something new and different ...for us anyway.

Bermuda was a lovely day and Horseshoe Bay was beautiful...did not seem
as hot as other visits there.

I know that Steve from FLL asked about whether we had problems bringing
on gels, creams and toothpaste on board the ship...As I told Ermalee,
absolutlely no problem...We had been in NYC for three days, doing the
town, during which I completely repacked our suitcases, taking out the
gels, creams, liquid make up, toothpaste and put them all in the
carry-on bags. We did not carry on any water bottles so I can't answer
about the water.

We are having a blast playing Trivia with Charles, Jeff, Sheree, Mike,
our son Mike and Ed.
We won the first Trivia and got Princess bag tags. Sure missed Barb &
Tobie!

Seas have been very smooth and we are keeping an eye on the new storm
in the Caribbean.
We had rain during the middle of the night the first night at sea, but
were not aware of it until we went out on deck the following
morning..Otherwise the weather has been made to order!

--Jean

Old August 28th, 2006, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Keep Charles out of trouble!!! VBG

Glad everything's going well.

--Tom

ups.com...

Old August 29th, 2006, 01:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gregory C. Read

I'm anxious to hear all the pros and cons of the Crown Princess. Will be
on her in 24 days.

How is the pier in Brooklyn?
Did you drive or what?
Is it better to drive and park or get a ride?
How early did they embark?
How was disembarkation?

etc.......

--
Greg

Old August 29th, 2006, 04:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cal Ford

Hello Jean at Sea .........

Happy Birthday and good luck with your mathmetical experiments.

My overall opinion follows yours, I do not feel all that comfortable on the
really large ships. They are very nice and usually spacious but I think you lose
some of the allure of the sea when you are on a ship larger than most villaghes.

Make some note on how the Dining Experience is working out. Curious to see if
they have learned how to serve consistantly food in those huge dinning rooms.

Take care and stay healthy.

Cal Ford

In article . com, Jean says...

Old September 3rd, 2006, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

it's a mini suite!! and jean was right. it was a looong walk.
and since the elevators were slow we even walked when we had to go down 5
flights!!
first time playing trivia. had loads of fun. we all had a wonderful time.
very relaxing cruise.
bermuda was beautiful, as was st thomas and grand turk
super weather all week. last day at sea the ride was rough

sheree

ups.com...

Old September 3rd, 2006, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

pier was fine, it's number 12
we drove in, don't follow mapquest!
we got there about 11:45 am and got right on
disembarkation is slow

sheree

loved the ship, service (traditional dining) and food

Old September 3rd, 2006, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

cal:

we had great service and food in the dining room. and believe me, lots of
it!
sheree

Old September 4th, 2006, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean wrote:

I know that Steve from FLL asked about whether we had problems bringing
on gels, creams and toothpaste on board the ship...As I told Ermalee,
absolutlely no problem...We had been in NYC for three days, doing the
town, during which I completely repacked our suitcases, taking out the
gels, creams, liquid make up, toothpaste and put them all in the
carry-on bags. We did not carry on any water bottles so I can't answer
about the water.

Since we drove to the ship we had all kinds of liquids in our
carryons, including water and had no problems at all.

We had rain during the middle of the night the first night at sea, but
were not aware of it until we went out on deck the following
morning..

We did??

sue
Old September 4th, 2006, 02:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

That is very hard to do.LOL You should of warned us how much trouble
Charles can get into.

sue

Tom K wrote:

Keep Charles out of trouble!!! VBG