NYC info

Old September 5th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Guy Marcotte

Default NYC info

Hi,
We are looking forward to go to NYC from Oct. 9 to 11. We'll stay 2 nights.
As the accomodation is cheaper in some neighbourhoods, we would like to know
if it is quite convenient to stay in places like Jersey City, Hoboken,
Yonkers and to travel to Manhattan by train, bus or subway.

Thanks for your advises.

Old September 5th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Rita

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 14:17:56 GMT, "Guy Marcotte"
wrote:

Hi,
We are looking forward to go to NYC from Oct. 9 to 11. We'll stay 2 nights.
As the accomodation is cheaper in some neighbourhoods, we would like to know
if it is quite convenient to stay in places like Jersey City, Hoboken,
Yonkers and to travel to Manhattan by train, bus or subway.

Thanks for your advises.

With only 2 nights you should stay in Manhattan. The little you
would save will be offset by travel time. You want every hour you
can squeeze out to enjoy Manhattan. Two nights in a Manhattan hotel
should not break your bank. This is a very short time to see New
York City. Make the most of it.

Old September 5th, 2004, 04:17 PM
jcoulter

"Guy Marcotte" wrote in
news
Hi,
We are looking forward to go to NYC from Oct. 9 to 11. We'll stay 2
nights. As the accomodation is cheaper in some neighbourhoods, we
would like to know if it is quite convenient to stay in places like
Jersey City, Hoboken, Yonkers and to travel to Manhattan by train, bus
or subway.

Thanks for your advises.

Staying inYonkers!!!! Yikes you have too much need for excitement for me.
Actually one needs to get up arouhnd Tarrytown to find nicer hotelsand they
aren't all that cheap. Stay in Manhattan it is where you want to be anyway.
Old September 5th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Guy Marcotte

And what about Nort Bergen, NJ ? We can have a Super 8 Motel for around $50
a night (including free parking). It's close to NJ Transit Bus Station. And
for $2 o/w, we are only 15 minutes from NY Port Authority Terminal.

Thanks again for your help.

Old September 6th, 2004, 02:32 AM
paddy_nyr

"Guy Marcotte" wrote in message
And what about Nort Bergen, NJ ? We can have a Super 8 Motel for around

$50
a night (including free parking). It's close to NJ Transit Bus Station.

And
for $2 o/w, we are only 15 minutes from NY Port Authority Terminal.

Thanks again for your help.

I know where that is located and it's fine if you're looking for a place to
sleep and not looking for anything else in the surrounding area.
It's close to transportation to NYC and it is cheap.