What's your biggest pet peeve when cruising?

Old September 30th, 2007, 07:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

Default What's your biggest pet peeve when cruising?

On 9/24/2007 12:45 PM Jr. consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
My pet peeve: (and I guess this is minor to others) Not dressing for formal
nights. We see people being admitted to the dining room in Dockers and
pull-over shirts. No jacket, no tie, no nothing.

If they work out and have a nice body, "no nothing" would be ok by me. ;-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old September 30th, 2007, 02:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dean Worrell[_2_]

"Brian K" wrote in message
On 9/29/2007 9:08 AM Dean Worrell consulted a Magic 8 Ball and
declared:

Amen to this Lee! I have absolutely no desire to have my picture
taken again standing behind a sign saying "Welcome to St. Thomas",
or wherever. All that does is slow down the process for the rest.
Just let me get off of the ship!

Dean in Peoria

What's to stop you from saying "No Pictures Please..." and just
walking ahead? I've done it upon boarding, leaving the ship and
other situations where there is a line. If you say it with a smile,
they can't stop you and force you to be photographed against your
will.

I have no problem in bypassing the picture stand once I get there, and
I do usually. The problem is that if you want to get off the ship
quickly that the exit line snakes through the ship and it is usually
single file down the gangplank. The photo stand is usually right at
the bottom of the gangplank. The majority of the pax think they need
to wait for their turn to get their photo. That holds up everyone
else.

Someone else suggested two lines; somebody also rationalized why that
won't happen.

Sigh.

--
Dean in Peoria ----- Brilliance OTS here we come!

Old September 30th, 2007, 06:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Those battery run wheel chairs racing around the hole damn ship. One drove
over my bare foot on the Zieuidierm last spring(and I am a Senior)
"Dean Worrell" wrote in message
et...

Old September 30th, 2007, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_4_]

Brian K wrote:

What's to stop you from saying "No Pictures Please..." and just walking
ahead? I've done it upon boarding, leaving the ship and other
situations where there is a line. If you say it with a smile, they
can't stop you and force you to be photographed against your will.

There was one cruise several years back when the photographer was a real
horse's patoot. It was during the formal night and we were seated at a
table of about 6 people- all strangers in the sense of only having met
on the cruise. The photographer came around about the time the main
course was served and wanted one side of the table to actually get up
and walk to the other side for a group shot. At first, I was very
polite and said, "No thanks- we're not interested."

Instead of just moving on, he reminded me that there were others at the
table and that they might want to have a group pose to remember the trip
by. I then explained to the photographer that I didn't care and that he
was being a real pest. I asked that he leave us alone. He eventually
departed and we could continue the conversation and meal. The other two
couples at the table thanked me for sending him on his way.

Nonny
--
---Nonnymus---
You don’t stand any taller by
Old September 30th, 2007, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
Brian K wrote:

[...]

We've been sailing Princess lately for the last 5 cruises & the problem
doesn't exist with pc dining. We even evaded the stupid pictures with the
pirate & the one with the dancing girls at the door. Thank goodness. What
would ever possess anyone to buy a photo with a pirate & a dumb looking
parrot?

Old October 1st, 2007, 12:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Splenda" :

Non-smoking people in the smoking areas asking me to NOT smoke.
There are far more non-smoking areas than smoking.

Actually, not. OTOH, there are far more non smokers. You only
account for about 25% of the population. On RCI ships, public non
smoking areas account for about 50% of the total square footage. If
you are in a smoking area, then by all mean, light up. But you can't
bitch that there aren't enough places to smoke.

"Tom K" wrote in message

wrote in message
s.com...
Mine would have to be those who hog chairs with towels and then you
see the towels sitting on empty chairs throughout the day. As far as
I am concerned if you aren't in the chair for about 15 minutes or no
family member is right there the chairs are fair game. What do you
guys think?

Probably...

People who light up cigarettes right next to you while on the non-smoking
side of the ship.

People who are very loud in the cabins next to yours.

--Tom

--
dillon

Elvis is still dead
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Sue and Kevin Mullen :

wrote:
Mine would have to be those who hog chairs with towels and then you
see the towels sitting on empty chairs throughout the day. As far as
I am concerned if you aren't in the chair for about 15 minutes or no
family member is right there the chairs are fair game. What do you
guys think?

Mine is having disembark on the last day, I never want a cruise to end.

sue

As every door closes, another opens. Just think of it as the
beginning of the waiting period for your next cruise.
--
dillon

Elvis is still dead
Old October 1st, 2007, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

On 9/30/2007 6:36 PM Boomer consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
"Nonnymus" wrote in message

Brian K wrote:

[...]

Maybe if they were a Parrothead (Jimmy Buffett fan) on a theme cruise?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera