What's your biggest pet peeve when cruising?

Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cathy[_4_]

Default What's your biggest pet peeve when cruising?

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 11:00:59 -0700, Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:37:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

Obviously the mouth of a sailor on that one.. trying to sorta
keep it on topic...

Hi Kurt,

Unfortunately some try to argue with an obvious troll, "Cathy", and
this is the outcome. :+(

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Everyone you disagree with is a troll... And you are here to promote
your business.

If you go back to the start of this, I simply asked someone why he was
so bothered by people wearing casual clothes on formal night that it
made his list of biggest pet peeves.

"Cathy" (but you can call me Cathy)
Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cathy[_4_]

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 11:11:56 -0700, Jack Hamilton wrote:

Cathy wrote:

Although I haven't taken my first cruise yet, I'm fairly certain my
biggest pet peeve will have something to do with smokers in a
non-smoking area. It won't be men in Speedos or people dressed
casually at formal night.

In my relatively limited experience (three ships, two lines, in the
last year and a half), smoking in non-smoking areas is not a problem.

The problem is that most of the outdoor areas on ships are smoking
areas. On the Mercury, for example, one half of the pool deck was
non-smoking. Everything else - easily 8 times the area of that deck -
was for smoking.

Did you feel like you were surrounded by smoke, even in the
non-smoking areas? My biggest concern is having smokers on the next
balcony.

Cathy
Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Honey, don't get a balconey near mine..I light up a big stoggie every
day(and I'm a senior)

Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cathy[_4_]

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 14:25:50 -0500, "clint"
wrote:

Honey, don't get a balconey near mine..I light up a big stoggie every
day(and I'm a senior)

That's okay - my whole family pees in the hot tub.

Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

How about fat dames in a bikini? I only allow my cow to wear moomos(us
seniors have to much fat and wrikles)
"Cathy" wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:37:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article . com,
LeeNY wrote:

On Oct 2, 1:25 pm, Cathy wrote:
On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:36:36 -0400, Chrissy Cruiser

wrote:
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:52:59 GMT, Cathy wrote:

Although I haven't taken my first cruise yet,

LOL

FOAD

Hmmm...had to look that one up. Very nice.

(well, at least I learned something new today).

Obviously the mouth of a sailor on that one.. trying to sorta
keep it on topic...

Oh, lighten up! I assume Chrissy Cruiser has decided that I can't take
part in a discussion because I haven't taken a cruise *yet*. I'm going
on my first cruise next summer, and thought this newsgroup would be a
great source of information. Obviously, I don't have any pet peeves
when cruising because I've never done it. But I don't have to go on a
cruise to know how ridiculous men look in Speedos.

However, if you want to start a thread about pet peeves when reading
newsgroup posts, mine would be the use of LOL at the end of every
sentence, or even worse, a post that says nothing but LOL.

Old October 2nd, 2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

wrote:

Obviously the mouth of a sailor on that one.. trying to sorta
keep it on topic...

Hi Kurt,

Unfortunately some try to argue with an obvious troll, "Cathy", and
this is the outcome. :+(

\\

A fair to middling set-up for a joke (g)?
Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

Cathy wrote:

Although I haven't taken my first cruise yet, I'm fairly certain my
biggest pet peeve will have something to do with smokers in a
non-smoking area. It won't be men in Speedos or people dressed
casually at formal night.

In my relatively limited experience (three ships, two lines, in the
last year and a half), smoking in non-smoking areas is not a problem.

The problem is that most of the outdoor areas on ships are smoking
areas. On the Mercury, for example, one half of the pool deck was
non-smoking. Everything else - easily 8 times the area of that deck -
was for smoking.

Did you feel like you were surrounded by smoke, even in the
non-smoking areas? My biggest concern is having smokers on the next
balcony.

I was in an inside cabin on the last cruise. I was downwind from
smokers in a balcony cabin on the two cruises before that, and it was
sometimes a problem. I wish cruise lines wouldn't put smokers next to
non-smokers, but technically all the balconies were smoking areas.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 03:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cathy[_4_]

wrote:

Hmmm...had to look that one up. Very nice.

(well, at least I learned something new today).

Obviously the mouth of a sailor on that one.. trying to sorta
keep it on topic...

It was a discussion of people with no class -- and
someone was gracious enough to provide an example.

But I was dressed in formal attire when I typed it.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

On 10/2/2007 1:41 PM Nonnymus consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
Brian K wrote:

Since my moonlighting job is one of the Chippendale dancers, let me
assure you that the Speedo-type outfits are quite cold and chaff.
The only reason I wear them is so that the dollar bills the ladies
tuck inside don't fall out as they did when I danced in my Oshkosh
b'gosh overalls. When cruising, the overalls are far more
comfortable and I reserve the black pair for formal night.

---Nonnymus---
You don’t stand any taller by
trying to make others appear shorter.

Nonny

If you're shaking your booty and going through the choreographed
moves, how could you be cold?

At Mrs. Nonny's suggestion, the women drop in chilled Susan B. Anthny
dollars instead of the paper kind.

Nonny

I hear she's worth a lot amongst collectors.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 3rd, 2007, 07:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

On 10/2/2007 10:10 PM Cathy consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:

wrote:

Hmmm...had to look that one up. Very nice.

(well, at least I learned something new today).

Obviously the mouth of a sailor on that one.. trying to sorta
keep it on topic...

It was a discussion of people with no class -- and
someone was gracious enough to provide an example.

But I was dressed in formal attire when I typed it.

Here's an idea that could satisfy both the formal and casual people.
Everybody wears a berkha. The formal people wear formal clothes under
their berkhas and the casual people dress casual under theirs. There's
room even for nudists with this solution. To tell the gents from the
ladies, the ladies can make that "la-la-la" sound that the Arab ladies
make. The real beauty of this plan is if you don't like the people at
the table where you are sitting. You can change to any table with open
seats and no one at your old table will know for sure who left.

It's a handy garment with many applications. You can shop in the
supermarket without that busybody who always gets in your face bothering
you.

The only unwise thing would be to go through the airport wearing a
birkha. Other than that, it's a handy garment. ;-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera