Carry-on for cruise?? What can you bring and not bring??

Old September 10th, 2006, 11:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
PETE

Default Carry-on for cruise?? What can you bring and not bring??

What can you put in your carry-on for a cruise?? Is it the same rules
for cruises and airplanes?? Perscriptions/Meds?? Hairspray?? Shampoo??
Water?? Hair Gel?? Please let me know what I can bring in my carry-on??
Thanks!!!

Old September 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"PETE" wrote in message
What can you put in your carry-on for a cruise?? Is it the same rules
for cruises and airplanes?? Perscriptions/Meds?? Hairspray?? Shampoo??
Water?? Hair Gel?? Please let me know what I can bring in my carry-on??
Thanks!!!

If you are driving, you may do as you always have done as to what goes into
your carry-on..
Flying is a different story and you must comply with the latest TSA
regulations.

--Jean

Old September 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

PETE wrote:
What can you put in your carry-on for a cruise?? Is it the same rules
for cruises and airplanes?? Perscriptions/Meds?? Hairspray?? Shampoo??
Water?? Hair Gel?? Please let me know what I can bring in my carry-on??

Cruise lines have not adopted the same rules as the airlines. We just
drove to the pier for our aug. 25th sailing and had most of our
toiletries in our carry on bag. Same rules on this stuff as ususal.

sue
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Steve Myers

There is a fundamental difference between a cruise and an airplane: you
have access to all your luggage. It would be stupid and
counterproductive to enforce different rules for carry ons than for luggage.

Old September 11th, 2006, 03:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
newbie

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"PETE" wrote in message
What can you put in your carry-on for a cruise?? Is it the same rules
for cruises and airplanes?? Perscriptions/Meds?? Hairspray?? Shampoo??
Water?? Hair Gel?? Please let me know what I can bring in my carry-on??
Thanks!!!

If you are driving, you may do as you always have done as to what goes into
your carry-on..
Flying is a different story and you must comply with the latest TSA
regulations.

--Jean

Whether you are flying or taking a cruise, you have to comply with TSA
regulations. For details, check TSA website at www.tsa.gov. At this
time, there is no restrictions on carry on.
Old September 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

newbie wrote:
Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"PETE" wrote in message

What can you put in your carry-on for a cruise?? Is it the same rules
for cruises and airplanes?? Perscriptions/Meds?? Hairspray?? Shampoo??
Water?? Hair Gel?? Please let me know what I can bring in my carry-on??
Thanks!!!

If you are driving, you may do as you always have done as to what goes
into your carry-on..
Flying is a different story and you must comply with the latest TSA
regulations.

--Jean

Whether you are flying or taking a cruise, you have to comply with TSA
regulations. For details, check TSA website at www.tsa.gov. At this
time, there is no restrictions on carry on.

The TSA has nothing to do with what you can or can't carry onto a
cruise ship. People only have to check the TSA website if they are
going to be flying.

sue
Old September 11th, 2006, 03:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
newbie

Did you check www.tsa.gov before responding?
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/maritime/index.shtm
Old September 11th, 2006, 04:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

newbie wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Whether you are flying or taking a cruise, you have to comply with TSA
regulations. For details, check TSA website at www.tsa.gov. At this
time, there is no restrictions on carry on.

The TSA has nothing to do with what you can or can't carry onto a cruise
ship. People only have to check the TSA website if they are going to be
flying.

sue

Did you check www.tsa.gov before responding?
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/maritime/index.shtm

I did ... and I can't see where Sue is wrong ...

Old September 11th, 2006, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

newbie wrote:
number6 wrote:
newbie wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Whether you are flying or taking a cruise, you have to comply with TSA
regulations. For details, check TSA website at www.tsa.gov. At this
time, there is no restrictions on carry on.
The TSA has nothing to do with what you can or can't carry onto a cruise
ship. People only have to check the TSA website if they are going to be
flying.

sue
Did you check www.tsa.gov before responding?
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/maritime/index.shtm

I did ... and I can't see where Sue is wrong ...

"People only have to check the TSA website if they are going to be flying."

And where on the site you link to is there anything that says that it
is wrong ???
It appears that the TSA is only in an advisory capacity on maritime
matters ...