Seating

Old September 26th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Gwen

Default Seating

Do you feel that a very overweight individual should have to pay for 2
seats? I was seated between 2 people who couldn't bring the armrest
down and I had to ask to be moved. It was embarrassing for all of us.

Gwen
www.inetvacation.com
Old September 26th, 2003, 03:18 PM
John Boxall

Yes, this should be part of the conditions of buying the ticket. For
example, if your width sitting down is ____ centimetres or more you need to
fly business class or buy two economy seats. This sounds cruel but is just a
reality. People are getting larger and larger over time, for most cases it
is the individuals fault. There are a minority of large people who cant help
themselves, that's a shame. But to all you people who do not practice a
healthy diet and exercise, too bad.

om...

Old September 26th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Mark Hewitt

"John Boxall" wrote in message
. au...
Yes, this should be part of the conditions of buying the ticket. For
example, if your width sitting down is ____ centimetres or more you need

fly business class or buy two economy seats. This sounds cruel but is just

reality. People are getting larger and larger over time, for most cases it
is the individuals fault. There are a minority of large people who cant

help
themselves, that's a shame. But to all you people who do not practice a
healthy diet and exercise, too bad.

An additional problem is the likes of the person sat beside me when I flew
BA Economy in a 747, where he put his bag beneath the seat in front of him
and so his legs had to go out sideways and encroach into my seat, meaning I
had to sit at a funny angle, thankfully a nudging his knee back in the right
direction a few times meant he took the hint.

Old September 26th, 2003, 11:33 PM
The Bill Mattocks

(Gwen) wrote in message . com...
Do you feel that a very overweight individual should have to pay for 2
seats? I was seated between 2 people who couldn't bring the armrest
down and I had to ask to be moved. It was embarrassing for all of us.

Gwen
www.inetvacation.com

Why did you did you have to dig up a message from 1999 to post a
response to? And why did the response have to be a non-sequitar about
fat people on planes (yet again, groan)? Ah, wait a minute, I see it
now. Google says you're a spammer for your travel writing website.
Just stirring up a little ****, eh?

Well good luck with it.

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks
www.growlery.com
Old September 26th, 2003, 11:42 PM
mrtravel

The Bill Mattocks wrote:

(Gwen) wrote in message . com...

Do you feel that a very overweight individual should have to pay for 2
seats? I was seated between 2 people who couldn't bring the armrest
down and I had to ask to be moved. It was embarrassing for all of us.

Gwen
www.inetvacation.com

Why did you did you have to dig up a message from 1999 to post a
response to? And why did the response have to be a non-sequitar about
fat people on planes (yet again, groan)? Ah, wait a minute, I see it
now. Google says you're a spammer for your travel writing website.
Just stirring up a little ****, eh?

This looks like a new thread to me. Do you see a followup reference or
are you looking at Google at another thread with the same Subject line?

Old September 28th, 2003, 01:01 AM
The Bill Mattocks

mrtravel wrote in message om...
This looks like a new thread to me. Do you see a followup reference or
are you looking at Google at another thread with the same Subject line?

Oops, you got me, Google connected it with an old thread with the same
subject line, as you said. My bad. However, the OP is still spamming
her commercial website and bringing up an old boogie-man to get some
discussion going. Naughty.

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks
Old September 28th, 2003, 03:25 AM
mrtravel

The Bill Mattocks wrote:
mrtravel wrote in message om...

This looks like a new thread to me. Do you see a followup reference or
are you looking at Google at another thread with the same Subject line?

Oops, you got me, Google connected it with an old thread with the same
subject line, as you said. My bad. However, the OP is still spamming
her commercial website and bringing up an old boogie-man to get some
discussion going. Naughty.

At least she didn't ask for a survey