Miami area hotels

Old January 8th, 2004, 07:06 AM
EW

Default Miami area hotels

I am looking to spend a week in the Miami area and would love help
finding a great hotel. Cost is not a factor. I usually go to the
Caribean but my friends want to stay in the country this year..with
that being said--THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to me is the beaches. I am
looking for a place with great beaches! Lots of sand, the whiter the
better, the less people the better, preferably a full service hotel
that provides chairs with cushions and drink service. SECONDLY i am
young and single and don't want to be around kids..so an adult place
with little to no kids is my second most important criteria..and
thirdly (but also important) is the pool. I am looking for a nice
pool. Big and maybe even more than one. I have listed things in
order of preference...if you could give me suggestions on South Beach
hotels AND hotels within a 60 minute radius i would be OH SO GRATEFUL.
Thanks.

EW
Old January 8th, 2004, 11:10 AM
c92vette

EW,
We spent new years in Miami Beach at the Day's Inn Oceanside off of
42nd and Collins. In looking around the area I'm not sure you will
find a hotel that will provide the service you are looking for on the
beach since they are all public access. There are vendors on the beach
which might provide what you want but they are not connected with the
hotels. For the lack of kids I would suggest you look into the South
Beach area, searching on Yahoo or Expedia, and keep the address in the
2100 block or less of Collins Ave and Ocean Dr. This is the area of
beaches where you will see the women sunning topless. For more upscale
areas go north to the Bal Habour/Surfside areas or the 9000 and up
block of Collins. Up there you will find Haulover Beach which has a
full nude area. But again I don't think you will find the area as it
is in the Caribean. There is a lot of sand on the beach but it is not
near as white as Caribean beaches or as clean. There are lots of
people that visit them as well, probably due to them being public
access. Hope this helps. Good luck in your search.
Old January 8th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Cruising Chrissy

The Not So Fine Art Of Google
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old January 9th, 2004, 02:57 AM
DaFlaBear

If cost is not a factor, the best place to stay is the Lowe's Miami
Beach.
Hip and top of the line.

Old January 9th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Squabble

I have stayed at the Rony Palace South Beach, lots of beach in the back
of the Hotel, and top of the line service. I would recomend this place to
anyone.

m...