Time from ship to FLL airport

Old September 23rd, 2004, 08:07 PM
frk040

Default Time from ship to FLL airport

Taking a first time cruise in Feb '05 on Celebrity Millenium. Ship
returns to Port Lauderdale at 7AM, Sunday. Flying Southwest Air, I
have the choice of return flights to NY of: 10:15AM, 11:40AM, or 2PM.
I would LOVE to get the 10:15 because it is a non-stop , but am
worried that the timing might be too close for comfort. We'll be
taking taxi's to/from the ship. Any input would be greatly
appreciated.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:50 PM
Dave Beers

FLL is essentially across the street from Port Everglades. The ride from
the pier to the airport is typically 10 minutes or less. The 11:40 flight
is probably a good choice. You might qualify for early departure from the
ship. 10:15 may be pushing it because of security check-in.

I have an 11:30 flight for a New Years cruise out of Port Everglades and am
not worried about missing it.

Old September 23rd, 2004, 11:05 PM
Stevecruise26NOT

I'd take the 11:40 flight. Plenty of time to get to FLL and through security,
and with enough time to get off the ship.

I would suggest you go to the pursers desk with your air tickets, on the day
before. The will/should give you early disembarkation tags.

While I also love a N/S flight, the earlier flight would be pushing it.IMO

Bon Voyage,
Steve in FLL

Old September 24th, 2004, 12:50 AM
MLD

I know it's cheating but you can be among the first bunch that gets off the
ship. The off-loading sequence is based on the color the disembarkation
luggage tag that you're given the night or two before you dock. When they
call put your tag color off you go. By the time the first colors are called
all the bags are in the shed waiting for pick up. As you walk off the ship
no one asks about your color, so if you're in a hurry, just leave when the
first colors are called.
om...