Carnival Miracle 7-17-04 Review 7 Days New York to Bahamas

Old July 25th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Eileen Garland

Default Carnival Miracle 7-17-04 Review 7 Days New York to Bahamas

I wanted to say a word of thanks to all of you who have sent your good
wishes my way. Now that we're home, I AM feeling better - not great but
at least better.

I'm really beginning to suspect there's something environmental on the
ships that disagrees with me severely, though I have no idea what it
could be.

As for the Miracle itself, I thought the decor was really unlovely. The
Spirit is interesting looking, and the Legend has some nice touches, but
I couldn't find anything lovable about the Miracle except for Frankie
and Johnny's, where you run the risk of severing your head on the
fixtures that hang down everywhere. The decor seems to me to be
two-dimensional, with large numbers of unappealing (to me, of course)
looking sort of animation-type characters.

I also don't think my current state of disenchantment (not talking about
being ill here, just finding something lacking in cruising) is a
function of having taken way more cruises than any one person is
entitled to. I'm not a person who gets jaded easily. I miss the
elegance I used to find, and it was much less a function of how anyone
dressed than it was a function of not having every space crammed full
with things for sale, my cabin littered with dozens of useless pieces of
paper selling everything but the bathroom sink. I miss the sense of
community and getting to know people that has pretty much fallen by the
wayside because of the behemoth size of the ships.

One further comment on this class of ship: I recall that by my 3rd
Statendam-class ship, I was astonished at the completely identical
structure of these ships. The 3 Spirit-class ships I've now been on
have been so utterly identical as to make the HAL ships look varied by
comparison.

Eileen

Old July 25th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Tom & Linda

"Howie" wrote in message

RCCL, on the other hand, does all sorts of things for repeaters; but
changing cabin decor does not seem to be one of them.

RCCL is all about the mantra of consistency of total program.

Same cookies on each ship. Same color scheme. Same green glass when you
look at the ships. Same cruise director "shtick". Same light color "dirty"
carpeting. Same everything.

Even cabin decor.

--Tom

Old July 25th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Howie

Becca wrote:

Howie wrote:

In earlier reviews of the Spirit and Legend, I have raved about the
food. I didn't think it was possible, but the food was even better on
the Miracle. First, let me talk about some innovations on this ship.

Welcome home, Howie & Eileen. Quite a few people from this newsgroup
are cruising on the Miracle in May, so I thank you for writing this
review and sharing it with us. I am so sorry that Eileen is not feeling
well. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Becca. The foodies in your group are going to LOVE the miracle.
If they still have that chococate phyllo dessert be sure to order it.
It's not even described as a chocolate dessert, but something like
almonds in phyllo.

Howie

Old July 25th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Howie

Eileen Garland wrote:

entitled to. I'm not a person who gets jaded easily. I miss the
elegance I used to find, and it was much less a function of how anyone
dressed than it was a function of not having every space crammed full
with things for sale, my cabin littered with dozens of useless pieces of
paper selling everything but the bathroom sink.

Oh, those stacks of useless paper that come along with the cruise
program every day are really annoying.

Howie

Old July 25th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Howie

Tom & Linda wrote:

"Howie" wrote in message

RCCL, on the other hand, does all sorts of things for repeaters; but
changing cabin decor does not seem to be one of them.

RCCL is all about the mantra of consistency of total program.

Same cookies on each ship. Same color scheme. Same green glass when you
look at the ships. Same cruise director "shtick". Same light color "dirty"
carpeting. Same everything.

Even cabin decor.

You are so right, Tom. I hate that. Sailing the Serenade one year
after the Brilliance was like dating identical twin sisters. We even
had the same lousy weather on our crossings grin. I still can't
separate my experiences on both these ships from one another.

Howie