US Airways is predatory. My advice: Do not fly on US Airways.

Old September 17th, 2003, 04:30 AM
mrtravel

Default Settled: US Airways was fair. (was US Airways is predatory.

propp wrote:

That comment appears not addressed to all, but to those called him a fool. He
did fairly well accepting comments from those challenging him to accept
responsibility for the fiasco...

I saw no one call him a fool. W

Old September 17th, 2003, 05:40 AM
propp

Default Settled: US Airways was fair. (was US Airways is predatory. My advice: Do not fly on US Airways.)

"mrtravel" wrote in message
propp wrote:

That comment appears not addressed to all, but to those called him a fool.

He
did fairly well accepting comments from those challenging him to accept
responsibility for the fiasco...

I saw no one call him a fool. W

In so many words, no. But here's an example of some things that were said...

This guy is a fruitcake of the highest order.
Because he is an idiot.
brainwashed union thug
failure at life.
illiterate guy
being an idiot savant
You acted like a snob

Overwhelmingly, most replies advised he should chin up and demonstrate
accountability, while accepting responsibility. I hope he has heeded that
advice, and learned from his experience. But as I said before, $4800 is an
expensive lesson. With that $4800 extra now reduced to the cost of RT travel to
Jamaica X4(still a high price) I hope he's now absorbed all that advice, and
learned from that experience, at a more reasonable price.
My response was not all too favorable, yet I do not feel any resentment(nor the
taste of crow) with his ultimate success(if in the end, it can be considered
such).

Old September 17th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 04:40:01 GMT "propp" wrote:

:"mrtravel" wrote in message
. ..
: propp wrote:

: That comment appears not addressed to all, but to those called him a fool.
:He
: did fairly well accepting comments from those challenging him to accept
: responsibility for the fiasco...

: I saw no one call him a fool. W

:In so many words, no. But here's an example of some things that were said...

:This guy is a fruitcake of the highest order.
:Because he is an idiot.
:brainwashed union thug
:failure at life.
:illiterate guy
:being an idiot savant
:You acted like a snob

Most were suggestions as to (1) avoid getting into such situations by checking
for documents sometime earlier than the midnight before a morning flight (2)
to go up the airline chain when not getting the desired results and (3) not to
panic and waste money as the first option.

:Overwhelmingly, most replies advised he should chin up and demonstrate
:accountability, while accepting responsibility. I hope he has heeded that
:advice, and learned from his experience. But as I said before, $4800 is an
:expensive lesson. With that $4800 extra now reduced to the cost of RT travel to
:Jamaica X4(still a high price) I hope he's now absorbed all that advice, and
:learned from that experience, at a more reasonable price.
:My response was not all too favorable, yet I do not feel any resentment(nor the
:taste of crow) with his ultimate success(if in the end, it can be considered
:such).

I wonder what he got?

A voucher for the amount he spent on US Air, to be used during the next year?

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com
Old September 23rd, 2003, 07:10 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Ray Lozano wrote:

My advice: Do not fly on US Airways.)

Esteemed newsgroup:

I am pleased to announce that I was contacted today by US Airways and
offered a full refund, plus consideration, for the problems I
encountered en route to Jamaica.

The representative apologized specifically for the behavior of the
ticket agent at the airport, saying he could have been far more helpful
and should have offered me and my family some itinerary options instead
of simply turning us away.

To the newsgroup participants who either supported my position as a
customer, or challenged me fairly or with genuine humor, I thank you.

To the newsgroup royalty with encyclopedic knowledge on virtually every
subject known to man, who dismissed me as a fool: There are some great
recipes for crow over on rec.cooking.

you're still out for the OW fares you paid to AA .....