Double Billing

Old September 29th, 2003, 03:11 PM
William J. Burlingame

Default Double Billing

I bought tickets via Hotwire.com and I was bill by another company in
addition to Hotwire. The credit card bill shown the proper Hotwire
charges and there was also another charge from "A Better Airfare" plus
a $20 charge from Travel Services. Both Travel Services and "A Better
Airfare" appear to be own by the same company (Onetravel.com). I
called all three numbers on the credit card bill and no one could tell
me how I was double billed nor could I get them to remove additional
charges. Hotwire had know knowledge as to how Onetravel.com ever
obtained my ticket information. BTW, when I checked the airlines,
only one set of tickets were reserved and subsequently used. The
airline told me the tickets I bought were purchased though
Hotwire.com.

I called the credit card company and disputed the charges and they
said I didn't have to pay "A Better Airfare" and Travel Services while
the charges are under dispute. I haven't heard anything from the
credit card company to verify the dispute has been settled, but the
charges were, at least temporarily, removed.

My main concern is how "A Better Airfare" AKA Onetravel.com obtained
my credit card number and know the price of a product I ordered from
Hotwire.com.

bs has been included as part of my e-mail address to reduce the
amount of spam mail. Change the 'bs'in my address to 'bellsouth'
to send me a message.

Bill Burlingame
Old September 29th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Mike Cordelli

You need to confirm the telephone call in writing, federal regulations
require you to put the dispute in writing also. It happens all the time
with hotwire, priceline, and some of the other companies, it's usually
resolved very quickly, but make sure you put it in writing to them, not just
a telephone call.

Old September 29th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Steve

A Better Airfare via google comes up as reviews of a Vallejo CA company that
has no relationship at all with onetravel.com and Travel Services is far too
generic for a search engine to find.

Can you give us url or something more definitive?

Old September 30th, 2003, 01:41 AM
William J. Burlingame

When I called the phone numbers that are listed on the credit card
invoice, both numbers mentioned Onetravel.com in their recorded
message. A Better Airfare TKT (888-897-6281) shows a VA location and
Travel Services (915-332-8785) shows a TX location on the credit card
invoice. Sorry, I omitted the TKT in the reference to the first
company.

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:05:55 GMT, "Steve"
wrote:

A Better Airfare via google comes up as reviews of a Vallejo CA company that
has no relationship at all with onetravel.com and Travel Services is far too
generic for a search engine to find.

Can you give us url or something more definitive?

.. .

Old September 30th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Steve

"William J. Burlingame" wrote in message
I called the credit card company and disputed the charges and they
said I didn't have to pay "A Better Airfare" and Travel Services while
the charges are under dispute. I haven't heard anything from the
credit card company to verify the dispute has been settled, but the
charges were, at least temporarily, removed.

While I've used Hotwire and not had any billing problems, a bit of advice:

Follow-up your telephone call dispute with your credit card company in
writing. There is an address on the back of your credit card statement
where such disputes must be mailed to. It's good your bank took the dispute
over the phone, but to preserve your legal rights under the FCBA, mail them
a letter.

Best,

Steve