Request for Guidance on a Goofy Ticketing Issue

Old October 1st, 2003, 03:15 AM
Rupert

Default Request for Guidance on a Goofy Ticketing Issue

Well you could try this, though I no idea whether this works....

Fly LAX to CDG, head to the rail station ( Gard Du Nord I am guessing )
check in so that you have been seen to use the ticket - then see if if they
can check you in for your return the next day, sometimes that can be done -
just make up some story about having a meeting all morning before your train
to you want to save time.

I am guessing that with the trains, once you have been issued with your
"boarding pass" thats all that happens as you would next have it checked
when on board the train.

Don't board the train and carry on enjoying Paris.

Any thoughts on this one?

"John Smith" wrote in message
m...
Please help me decide the best course of action to take he

I have purhcased 2 tickets on Air France from LAX to Brussels at a very
favorable rate. The ticket has two segments: The non-stop flight from

LAX
to CDG and then a train ride to Brussels later that evening.

Paris is my desired destination, but I am prepared to take the train to
Brussels and spend a night, returning via train to Paris the next day.

Here is the question: Do I need to take the first train ride to Brussels

at
all? I know about the whole connecting flight/itenerary cancellation deal
on flights, but does that apply to train segments too? Ideally, I would
like to skip the train trip altogether, but not at the cost of having the
return flight cancelled. I am considering taking the first train trip to
Brussels and returning the next day to Paris. If I skip the return Train
Segment, will it cancel the later flight tickets?

The worst scenario is not that bad, really: Take a train back to Paris

for
a week and then return to Brussels and catch the return train ride as
ticketed, and the later flight back to LAX.

Any advice? The ticket as laid out above is about 1/2 the price of a LAX

CDG ticket on the same day, so I am money ahead with extra train tickets

no
matter what.