Paying it forward: just back from Caribbean Princess

Old March 30th, 2008, 01:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Paying it forward: just back from Caribbean Princess

"Gregory C. Read" wrote

Yes. Any level of physical ability is accommodated. The grinders operate
"winches", while the drink servers are called "wenches".

I did this way back in 1997 and was a grinder. Look at
http://www.cruisemaster.com/sail.jpg

One word of advice, don't drink too much coffee that morning, as there are
no facilities on the boats.

Another caution... if you are prone to motion sickness like I am, don't eat
breakfast and take some seasickness meds. Even with those precautions, I
was very queasy. Didn't hurl, but I wanted to.

It is a great excursion.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

May 12, 2008 - 5 nt New Orleans http://www.cruisemaster.com/fantasy.htm
October 26, 2008 Sleazy 5 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy5.htm
Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentine http://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm

Old March 30th, 2008, 05:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Very interesting and a great read as always. Way too many kids, lol...
We had just 400 on the Costa Med....that was plenty! But Costa has the
aft pool which is adult, and enforced! Saw the security guards a few
times fetching kids out....lol.... We had foul-ish weather too this
time and we were the week after you! Gosh now I better sit down to
write up my review here....

Jeff
Old March 30th, 2008, 05:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Jeff Gersten wrote:

Interesting thread over at cruisecritic. Thanks for the heads up. One
thing I read there was that the theater capacity at Princess is 30% of
the ship's passengers. If they cut down on live dance music as an
alternative to the main theater show the overcrowding at the theater
that we noticed on the Star and Diana commented on on the Caribbean
could get even worse.

I'm definitely of the view the main show lounge is too small! I thought
that on both the Golden and the Crown.

Jeff
Old March 30th, 2008, 05:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Charles wrote:
In article , bob wald
wrote:

th whole purpose of a cruise is to get away from everyday things....
who in thier right mind would ever watch tv/movies on a cruise???
hell i can watch taking a cruise on tv!!!

Who in their right mind would think they know what others should want
to do on a cruise?

Lol....perfect response Charles! I agree!

Jeff
Old March 31st, 2008, 01:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 3/30/2008 8:29 AM George Leppla plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger
and said:

"Gregory C. Read" wrote

Yes. Any level of physical ability is accommodated. The grinders
operate "winches", while the drink servers are called "wenches".
I did this way back in 1997 and was a grinder. Look at
http://www.cruisemaster.com/sail.jpg

Hmmm, must be confusing for folks from Connecticut. Grinder, that's
what they call Sub (Hero) sandwiches.
(snip)

--
________