Tom K and Sue W scheduled to return today

Old December 6th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Benjamin Smith

Default Tom K and Sue W scheduled to return today

The Viking cruise should be over today and Tom and Sue are scheduled to
return to their North East dwellings. However, with the major snow storm
I doubt they'll be back today. Wishing them a safe return with as little
stress as possible.

Regarding snow storm, I think much of this is a leftover from the
incredible amount of snow and rain earlier from the year. I don't think
this is going to be as snowy or cold a (late fall)/winter as last winter
(in the NorthEast region), it just happens that this week is very cold
in the area and the combination of 2 storms and cold weather yields a
major snow storm with double-digit amounts of snow on the ground. It'll
melt fairly soon as the temperatures are going to rise up into the 50s
by midweek. Maybe one or two more significant snow events this winter, I
think.

Ben S.

Old December 6th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Charles

In article , Benjamin Smith
wrote:

Regarding snow storm, I think much of this is a leftover from the
incredible amount of snow and rain earlier from the year.

A leftover storm. That is not how it works.

by midweek. Maybe one or two more significant snow events this winter, I
think.

So your a weather forcaster? I think you have early snow fever!!!

--
Charles
Old December 6th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Howard Garland

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Regarding snow storm, I think much of this is a leftover from the
incredible amount of snow and rain earlier from the year. I don't think
this is going to be as snowy or cold a (late fall)/winter as last winter
(in the NorthEast region), it just happens that this week is very cold
in the area and the combination of 2 storms and cold weather yields a
major snow storm with double-digit amounts of snow on the ground. It'll
melt fairly soon as the temperatures are going to rise up into the 50s
by midweek. Maybe one or two more significant snow events this winter, I
think.

Ben S.

Wassup wit dis, Ben? Where is all this weather information coming from?

Howie

Old December 6th, 2003, 02:30 PM
McCormick's

It's probably as accurate as any "official" weather forecaster ever gets! I
am hoping Ben's prediction is right on the money!

Yvonne in NH---------looking out my window at 5 inches of snow with up to
25 more predicted. Yikes!

Old December 6th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Howard Garland

McCormick's wrote:

It's probably as accurate as any "official" weather forecaster ever gets! I
am hoping Ben's prediction is right on the money!

Yvonne in NH---------looking out my window at 5 inches of snow with up to
25 more predicted. Yikes!

Word! Got alot more than that ourside my windows in Delaware.

Howie - counting days now until January in the tropics.

Old December 6th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Lunyma

Yvonne in NH---------looking out my window at 5 inches of snow with up to
25 more predicted. Yikes!

And so many people say how bad the weather is in the Chicago area... HA! No
snow in sight... at least for now...

Pam
http://www.cruisesinc.com/plome
866-LV2CRUZ (582-2789)
Old December 6th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Benjamin Smith

Charles wrote:
In article , Benjamin Smith
wrote:

Regarding snow storm, I think much of this is a leftover from the
incredible amount of snow and rain earlier from the year.

A leftover storm. That is not how it works.

Leftover moisture in the form of snow due to the cold low pressure systems.

by midweek. Maybe one or two more significant snow events this winter, I
think.

So your a weather forcaster? I think you have early snow fever!!!

I think this snow storm is an early cold blast with two strong storms.
What I don't see is that stationary system that spins off low pressure
systems causing storm after storm, nor do I see any long-term cold
systems at this point. Winter and summer storms depend on the jet
streams, el nino and la nina dynamics, a domination of low vs. high
pressure systems, and cold weather and storms tend to hit one area per
season frequently. We had an early heat wave in the summer followed by
not exceptionally hot weather, but exceptionally wet weather.

There have been noticeable patterns over the years of very hot dry
summers followed by very cold winters followed by not so hot and rainy
summers followed by mildish winters. It is unusual to find very snowy
winters followed by another season of very snowy winters or even very
cold winters followed by another winter of very snowy winters. Extreme
weather often has the opposite extreme in the next season. So, hot
summer, cold winter. But precipitation can continue to follow. We had a
very snowy winter last season followed by an unusually wet summer. So, I
think that the "wet cycle" will end sooner or later (it really tailed
off after August, Sep-Nov weren't unusually wet). I think with the
milder weather we'll have in the winter months and less precipitation,
we'll get less snow, at least than last year. That doesn't mean there
won't be significant snow fall on a few days, but I think less,
considerably less than last year, with a significantly higher monthly
average in temperature than last year. I base this on what I've noticed
about back-to-back same seasons over the past 15 or so years. The one
exception I think was 1996-1997 where we had heavy snow in winter two
years in a row.

Ben S.

Old December 6th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Benjamin Smith

Howard Garland wrote:
Benjamin Smith wrote:

Regarding snow storm, I think much of this is a leftover from the
incredible amount of snow and rain earlier from the year. I don't
think this is going to be as snowy or cold a (late fall)/winter as
last winter (in the NorthEast region), it just happens that this week
is very cold in the area and the combination of 2 storms and cold
weather yields a major snow storm with double-digit amounts of snow on
the ground. It'll melt fairly soon as the temperatures are going to
rise up into the 50s by midweek. Maybe one or two more significant
snow events this winter, I think.

Ben S.

Wassup wit dis, Ben? Where is all this weather information coming from?

The 5 day forecast models show a Monday through Friday temps in the 40s
and rising during the week based on a northern rising jetstream.
Tropical air coming to area from south, northern fronts receding. Should
melt snow if it goes into the 50s in most areas affected.

Ben

Howie

Old December 6th, 2003, 03:45 PM
villa deauville

Its so nie to be reminded why we moved o south Florida.

SUNNY........looking at the sunshine and the palm trees swaying

S'nd I.

Old December 6th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Benjamin Smith wrote:

The Viking cruise should be over today and Tom and Sue are scheduled to
return to their North East dwellings. However, with the major snow storm
I doubt they'll be back today. Wishing them a safe return with as little
stress as possible.

This is one of the problems with a winter cruise out of NY! I hope they
all get home safely, the roads are a mess.

Regarding snow storm, I think much of this is a leftover from the
incredible amount of snow and rain earlier from the year.

Ben, whatever you theory is, what are the NY stations saying about when
the storm will end in NYC and nearby NJ?? I have concert tickets for the
Meadowlands tomorrow night and hope they will have the roads clear by then.

sue