Tom K and Sue W scheduled to return today

Old December 6th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Howard Garland

Default Tom K and Sue W scheduled to return today

Read your reply to Charles, Ben. Sounds like your quite an amateur
meterologist. Up until a few years ago, I was what could only be
described as a weather phobe. I always thought it would be fun to get a
job forecasting weather on the tube. That way I could get on there and
share my fright with millions of others.

Howie

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Howard Garland wrote:

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Regarding snow storm, I think much of this is a leftover from the
incredible amount of snow and rain earlier from the year. I don't
think this is going to be as snowy or cold a (late fall)/winter as
last winter (in the NorthEast region), it just happens that this week
is very cold in the area and the combination of 2 storms and cold
weather yields a major snow storm with double-digit amounts of snow
on the ground. It'll melt fairly soon as the temperatures are going
to rise up into the 50s by midweek. Maybe one or two more significant
snow events this winter, I think.

Ben S.

Wassup wit dis, Ben? Where is all this weather information coming from?

The 5 day forecast models show a Monday through Friday temps in the 40s
and rising during the week based on a northern rising jetstream.
Tropical air coming to area from south, northern fronts receding. Should
melt snow if it goes into the 50s in most areas affected.

Ben

Howie

Old December 6th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Sue and
Kevin Mullen wrote:

After my parent moved to Florida, every time it snowed my father would
call and tell us how glad he was that they were in florida. I think you
are taking over for him(grin).

Many of them end up moving back to the children and snow if they live
long enough or the spouse passes away.

My mother stayed in Fla after my father died. I wanted here to move in
with us, or at least near us, but she didn't want to leave "her home" or
her friends.

Personally I like the seasons right now.

I like the seasons also, but it is hard(or expensive) for us to deal
with the snow. Also the warmer climate is better for arthritis, which
you are to young to know about(grin).

And of course my livelyhood is here.

Same with Kevin, another 8 yrs untill he retires. After he retires, we
do want to move someplace warmer and closer to the cruise ships.

sue

Old December 6th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Diva

I'd get a nice room and sit out by the pool.

June

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message =

Benjamin Smith wrote:
=20
=20
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
=20

sheree wrote:

i don't think they're on the dawn. they are flying back from =

florida.

Do you remember what ship they are on?? It will still be hard for =

them=20
to get home today.

=20
=20
Navigator of the Seas. Many flights to and from the NYC/NJ area =

airports=20
today are cancelled. If they get home today, it may be very late.

They are probably better off staying in "warm" Florida, then trying to=20
get back today. If they do get a flight into Newark or Philly, it will=20
be very hard getting home from the airports.

sue

Old December 6th, 2003, 05:59 PM
Charles

In article , Sue and
Kevin Mullen wrote:

I like the seasons also, but it is hard(or expensive) for us to deal
with the snow. Also the warmer climate is better for arthritis, which
you are to young to know about(grin).

That is true and my tune could very well change as time goes on. I am
flexible. I have lived in the midwest, northeast and Texas. While I
like it here in DC area, if my health requires a warmer climate I will
give up the snow.

Same with Kevin, another 8 yrs untill he retires. After he retires, we
do want to move someplace warmer and closer to the cruise ships.

The cruise ships seem to be moving closer to home with more Baltimore,
New York, Philadelphia and Newport News sailings. My thought about
after I retire though is to go back to mainly non cruise travel.

--
Charles
Old December 6th, 2003, 06:38 PM
villa deauville

Charles
Although I appreciate your reasons for livin g where you are But there
are many more reasons for living here besides being nearer to the ports
or have immobility problems. Living is cheaper, do not need 4 seasons
worth of clothes. We have excellent cultural diversities especially in
south Florida where I am fortunate to live.
I could go on and on but I think you get my drift. AND the ocean. The
wonderful ocean. I dont sit out in the sun anymore but how wonderful it
is to get in the car, drive 5 miles to the ocean and take a walk along
the pavement - 11 3/4 months out of 12 - watch the sun disappear into
the ocean and smell those ocean breezes

SUNNY..........as said before its all about choices

S'nd I

Old December 6th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Charles

In article , Benjamin Smith
wrote:

Tonight, most of the wind conditions and snow fall will taper off to
light snow and flurries. There may be some flurries tomorrow morning.
The major roads should be OK tomorrow night (though there may be
problems with some secondary and tertiary roads) but of course there's
winter road conditions and it'll be cold tomorrow, so, allow plenty of
time to get there.

I don't know about how it turned out where you are but here in DC the
predictions were overblown. We got a pitifull amount of snow from what
I can see. And all the airports are open.

--
Charles
Old December 6th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Howard Garland

villa deauville wrote:

Charles
Although I appreciate your reasons for livin g where you are But there
are many more reasons for living here besides being nearer to the ports
or have immobility problems. Living is cheaper, do not need 4 seasons
worth of clothes. We have excellent cultural diversities especially in
south Florida where I am fortunate to live.
I could go on and on but I think you get my drift. AND the ocean. The
wonderful ocean. I dont sit out in the sun anymore but how wonderful it
is to get in the car, drive 5 miles to the ocean and take a walk along
the pavement - 11 3/4 months out of 12 - watch the sun disappear into
the ocean and smell those ocean breezes

SUNNY..........as said before its all about choices

S'nd I

I so want to do this, Sunny, if the damn NASDAQ would just cooperate.

Howie - would love to live along seabreeze blvd in Lauderdale.

Old December 6th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Benjamin Smith

Charles wrote:
In article , Benjamin Smith
wrote:

Tonight, most of the wind conditions and snow fall will taper off to
light snow and flurries. There may be some flurries tomorrow morning.
The major roads should be OK tomorrow night (though there may be
problems with some secondary and tertiary roads) but of course there's
winter road conditions and it'll be cold tomorrow, so, allow plenty of
time to get there.

I don't know about how it turned out where you are but here in DC the
predictions were overblown. We got a pitifull amount of snow from what
I can see. And all the airports are open.

The airports are open in NY/NJ, lots of flights cancelled. We have
significant snow accumulation, around 10 inches so far. May be higher in
areas of Long Island and lower in southern NJ. There were a few hours
today of high winds, very limited visibility with lots of snow fall.
Right now, snow is light, which is pretty close to what was predicted.
Overall, most weather forecasters played it close to the vest and
reported as conditions developed. They did a good job this time.

Ben S.

Old December 6th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Surfer E2468

Florida also has hurricanes

Old December 6th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Charles

In article , Benjamin Smith
wrote:

We have significant snow accumulation, around 10 inches so far. May
be higher in areas of Long Island and lower in southern NJ. There
were a few hours today of high winds, very limited visibility with
lots of snow fall. Right now, snow is light, which is pretty close to
what was predicted. Overall, most weather forecasters played it close
to the vest and reported as conditions developed. They did a good job
this time.

I guess you got it up there and we lucked out. I am going out and
getting my sunglasses as the sun has come out. It's chilly but it does
not look like more than an inch or two on the ground. The streets are
clear. This was less than the 4 to 6 inches the forecasts predicted.

--
Charles