New photos of Miracle

Old February 16th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Gordon

Default New photos of Miracle

Here is a link to a website that has over 200 photos of the new Carnival
Miracle.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/

Scroll down once page loads and click on slide show.

Gordon

Old February 16th, 2004, 08:48 PM
JEFFCOUD

Interesting pictures. I liked how they photoshopped the Cruise Addicts logo
into any number of pictures!

Not a totally horrendous looking ship. (Whew, there's a backhanded
compliment). Some very nice areas, and some (good) whimsical furniture. I
like the shops area, the main show lounge. Some of the walkways, etc. What
are all the big red dots in the dining room? A tribute to Redhots?

Lots of boobs (oh so Janet Jackson these days) and rock hard abs on the various
caryatid and atlantes columns around the ship. Who's the Admiral guy whose
statue seems to litter the ship?

Is this ship the same size as the Spirit/Legend, etc.?

Jeff

Old February 16th, 2004, 09:00 PM
E.k.R.

After viewing the first photos a couple weeks ago I was a bit skeptical.
Having now studied these photos I find the ship very interesting. There are
of course some things I don't like, but all in all I think MIRACLE looks
quite interesting. There is a lot of detail work that went into many of the
areas.

While MIRACLE does not look like a "luxury liner" by any means, she does
look original and I for one would sail on her. She certainly can't be
confused with any other ship on the high seas today! Even the VERY red
dining room is growing on me! The lido buffet restaurant is downright
elegant, and the Mad Hatter's lounge is a gem.... right out of Disney. I
don't think I will ever like the Frankenstein style light fixtures
throughout the atrium and promenade though. They look a little too
cartoon-ish for my liking, and there are too many of them.

Ernie

Old February 16th, 2004, 09:19 PM
JEFFCOUD

I love the Frankenstein carpet though....I want it!

Jeff
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Gordon

"JEFFCOUD" wrote in message
Interesting pictures. I liked how they photoshopped the Cruise Addicts

logo
into any number of pictures!

Not a totally horrendous looking ship. (Whew, there's a backhanded
compliment). Some very nice areas, and some (good) whimsical furniture.

like the shops area, the main show lounge. Some of the walkways, etc.

What
are all the big red dots in the dining room? A tribute to Redhots?

Lots of boobs (oh so Janet Jackson these days) and rock hard abs on the

various
caryatid and atlantes columns around the ship. Who's the Admiral guy

whose
statue seems to litter the ship?

Is this ship the same size as the Spirit/Legend, etc.?

Jeff

She is a Sprit class vessel.

I do not like the dining room at all. Those red lights are supposed to
represent grapes but Farcus could have left those out IHMO. Now the lido
dining room looks great. I like most of the ship but I do not care for her
itinerary which will be sailing from Tampa year round to the western
Caribbean starting in November. Until then she is sailing from Jacksonville,
Baltimore and New York.

Gordon

Old February 16th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Tom & Linda

Lookint at the pictures of the ship... it looks like a nightmare in sensory
overload.

What exactly is the point? Why not focus on "attractive things" like
elegant marble and nice paneling? The corporation obviously knows how to do
it since they have the beautiful, elegant Seabourn ships.

Why does it have to be so hideous looking?

Does anyone actually think that it adds to the overall week-long experience?
Or is it something that you have to ignore for the week.

What is exactly the point? Is it something that only I don't get?

Maybe other people's brains work different than mine does... but I don't
find anything "nice" about it.

--Tom

news

Old February 16th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:24:30 GMT, "Tom & Linda"
wrote:

Lookint at the pictures of the ship... it looks like a nightmare in sensory
overload.

What exactly is the point?

Las Vegas sells.

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old February 16th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:19:37 -0500, "Gordon"
wrote:

Is this ship the same size as the Spirit/Legend, etc.?

Jeff

She is a Sprit class vessel.

Yes, but hasn't there been deck plan changes?

Old February 16th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Linsifer

But, Tom, this ship isn't supposed to be an elegant Seabourn ship. Remember
their logo. "Fun ship"? It's still a Carnival ship, after all. And, while it
does kind of jump out at you, it's certainly nothing like the neon of ships
past. No, it wouldn't be my preference for decorating my home, but then I
wasn't planning on LIVING on it. A week I can handle with no problem.

Lindsay --------- who doesn't agree that it's "hideous" looking. I would
rather have this than the stark, sharp-edged Euro-modern look of some of your
Celebrity ships.

Subject: New photos of Miracle

Old February 16th, 2004, 11:50 PM
E.k.R.

"Cruising Chrissy" wrote in message Is
this ship the same size as the Spirit/Legend, etc.?

Jeff

She is a Sprit class vessel.

Yes, but hasn't there been deck plan changes?

MIRACLE is a Spirit Class vessel, and no there have not been any deck plan
changes. She has the exact same layout as the other 3 Spirit Class ships.
It's only the decor that is different.

COSTA ATLANTICA and COSTA MEDITERRANEA, which are also Spirit Class ships
have a slightly different layout. It's very slight in that only the
forward small two level atrium area was made a little different. Instead of
two lounges on the lower level, there is one large lounge with a big dance
floor since Costa passengers like to dance. On the upper level the Chapel
and Piano Bar on Carnival have again been turned into one larger lounge.
That's the only difference.

Ernie