RCI "Gay Days in Orlando Cruise"

Old October 5th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Charles

In article ,
wrote:

RCI will not disclose any details about their cruises, but I found
that a huge portion of their 2005 cruises are predominantly gay
cruises. These are not chartered cruises, they are the mainstream
cruises.

That is a totally bizarre assertion. Do you understand how many ships
RCI has, and how many passengers they carry every week? Your post is
pathetic.

--
Charles
Old October 5th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Becca

Dillon Pyron wrote:

How, by the way, did you find out that a "huge portion of their 2005
cruises" were gay?

Maybe he heard it from the voices in his head? Just a guess.

BTW, the Sleazy3 group will be cruising on the same ship with a gay
group on the Conquest at Halloween. From what I can tell, none of the
people in our group are concerned about it.

http://aquafest.net/halloween2k4.htm

Becca -----likes to live and let live...

Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Miracle in May http://www.cruisemaster.com/miracle.htm
Old October 6th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Showyourpride

Becca,

Now I know I should have booked this cruise. I have been on many RCCL cruises
and have never seen large groups of gay men or women. Most of the Friends of
Dorothy parties only had 20-30 people. I have been on several gay charters and
seen a few straight people though.

Robert in WV

Old October 6th, 2004, 12:32 AM

"...
There better not be any homos on HAL!
"ß" wrote in message

Try Atlantis travel, Olivia travel, Pied Piper travel, or
www.fodtravel.com
and see if your cruise is advertised on those sites. Those are only a
few
sites, there are plenty more. I, unknowingly, found a cruise on the
Atlantis sight and didn't know it, I booked it through RCI and
realized it later when I went back into the sight. HAL has plenty of
them listed on these sites too.
Some are charters and some are regular cruises. Like I stated in my
message, there is no way of knowing.
Old October 6th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:12:42 -0400, Dick Goldhaber wrote:

Then, given your parameters, RCI ought to 'fess up to any passenger of color
that the majority of passengers on their cruise are likely to be white.

Read, now, read with comprehension.

" 2) RCI, if they allow a cruise to be marketed to special groups, ought to
fess up to that."

The OP pointed out a website that used RCI trademarks to market to
homosexuals. If RCI knew this, and they certainly should have, then they
should tell so. If not, they need to get a friggin' Metatag search engine.
Old October 6th, 2004, 01:00 AM
*bicker*

A 5 Oct 2004 10:18:49 -0700,
) escribió:
This mainstream cruise on May 27, is advertised on the
www.oceanvoyager.com website as being "Gay Days in Orlando Cruise". I
called Royal Caribbean and booked the cruise to see if anything was
mentioned that this was a sold out cruise or a special cruise or
anything like that. It is just a regular mainstream cruise.

The Gay Days cruise is on Carnival, not Royal Caribbean.

--
bicker®
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/D...ry_040602.html
Old October 6th, 2004, 01:02 AM
*bicker*

A Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:52:35 -0400, Charles
escribió:
In article ,
wrote:
RCI will not disclose any details about their cruises, but I found
that a huge portion of their 2005 cruises are predominantly gay
cruises. These are not chartered cruises, they are the mainstream
cruises.

That is a totally bizarre assertion. Do you understand how many ships
RCI has, and how many passengers they carry every week? Your post is
pathetic.

Especially since he got the cruise line wrong.

Old October 6th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Mark \(SF\)

wrote in message
om...
For any of the Royal Caribbean future passengers who are thinking
about booking with any RCI ships, be careful. A good portion of their
'mainstream cruises" are gay cruises.

I WISH!

...could a recent trip to Florida during a hurricaine where your suitcase
wound up in a tree that explains why your panties are so in a bunch?

Any number of agencies book groups of all sizes of all affinities. Like the
xGGC cruises. Some groups are gay, some groups play bridge, others are
associated with AA ...and sometime there may be a group for gay,
non-drinking bridge players.

It's the luck of the draw. Especially considering the design of the new
megaships - with numerous public rooms even a group as large as 200
shouldn't cause a problem (FWIW, most groups I've been involved in have
ranged from 20 - 125). Gay charters like Atlantis or RSVP (where they
charter the whole ship and co-produce shipboard activities and
entertainment) are a different animal, but gay groups on a mainstream cruise
tend to be very "well mannered" -- and not a problem

Personally, whether in a group or as a couple, when I cruise with my
husband, I simply expect that we'll be treated with the same respect and
consideration we show our fellow cruisers. If in a quiet romantic moment, I
may find myself overwhelmed with the love I've felt for 20 years and want to
give him a special squeeze or a quick kiss, I will. To be frank, if you have
a problem with our private moment, it's your problem not ours. (We'll
provide consideration for common courtesy but not predjudice)

This isn't to say that there isn't such a thing as "inappropriate behavior"
in public areas on ships these days. But from my experience, it's seldom the
gay cruisers who are the problem.

....oh and the link you provided listed groups with the following breakdown:
RCI - 2
Celebrity - 1
HAL - 2
Princess - 1