What is it with some people? A restau-rant.

Old October 26th, 2006, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Balham WTF is that? What is it with some people? A restau-rant.

Martin wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:21:04 +0100,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of
the royal duchy of city south and deansgate) wrote:

Martin wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:03:33 +0100,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of
the royal duchy of city south and deansgate) wrote:

The roads are blocked too. More car pooling would help, or more overland
trains, which wouldn't meet all the needs. More people working from
home?

Bring back high unemployment?

Well indeed, there are a lot more people working in London than a decade
ago.

4 million commute by public transport to Tesco shelf stacking jobs
every day :-)

I heard a story of somebody in UK, who had gone bankrupt after hiding
away considerable assets abroad. He works part time as a Lollipop man
because " they'll never suspect I am still very rich". Imagine if he
gets run over by a truck.

Or a 4 x 4 trying to get past bollards. Look at the CCTV camera on this
one, outside M&S in Manchester. It's not funny- they could have been
badly injured- not to mention the bystanders.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...html?in_articl
e_id=411423&in_page_id=1770

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://www.davidhorne.net/pictures.html http://soundjunction.org
Old October 26th, 2006, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:42:34 +0200, Martin
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:22:24 +1000, Alan S wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:18:47 +0200, Martin
wrote:

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 00:14:56 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
news
I wouldn't describe the Whitby Newcastle service as fine.

Where's that? I was talking about Balham Victoria.

I wasn't, nor am I at all interested in Balham Gateway to the South
transport problems.

OK it's your thread. Maybe it is time to create a new one? :-)

But, but, but what about the industry? How will they ship
those tooth-brush holes without transport?

Ian F will cope.

LOL Good memory.

Honey's, off dear!

Some of it is here
http://www.musicoutfitter.com/store/...cordingso.html

Mnay years ago I made a cassette tape from a CD "Spike,
Spike, Peter and Stan". Relevant surnames were Milligan,
Jones, Sellers and Freberg. Brilliant CD with several of
those Sellers skits.

Thanks for the link - some downloading to do now.

My favourite is the Politician's speech (what about the
workers!) closely followed by the duet with Sophia Loren;
Goodness Gracious Me, with just one jab of my needle in the
Punjab...

But Balham was good. On my travels I was astounded to find a
town full of Quills - Quill's Bakery, Quill's Pub, Quill's
Butcher etc - but it was somewhere near the Ring of Kerry,
not Balham.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/