Kimberley day tours from Broome or Kununurra

Old July 13th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Bjorn Munch

Default Kimberley day tours from Broome or Kununurra

I'm getting down to details of my upcoming Australia vacation. Current
plans has me arriving Broome on a Tuesday afternoon, and flying from
Kununurra to Darwin on Saturday. That's four nights.

What would be my best option to see some of the Kimberley sights by
day tours? I won't have a car. I figured a good strategy was to stay
two nights in Broome and two nights in Kununurra, that would give me
time for one full day tour at each place. Or is one better than the
other in terms of available choices/prices etc.?

This is the first week of October, so maybe not the high of the
season, but I'd like to make a decision soon so I can book my plane
tickets. Should I book tours in advance, or would it be safe to wait
until I get there? Any particuler recommendadtions? I prefer smaller
groups.

--
Bjorn Munch, Trondheim, Norway
(Remove 'e' in first name for correct email address)
Old July 14th, 2004, 02:24 AM
Traveller

Two days is OK for both B and K.

In do a search for Broome Tourist Assc (I won't put the URL or I will be
accused of spamming). There are a number of good things do do and see.

In Knx, do the flight out over the Bungle Bungle Ranges - there is also a
mini version right in KNX you can walk through. There are a couple of good
tours, one that is on the lake that visits some of the tourist locations and
another that goes to the main dam wall.

You may also like to look at a tour trip from B to Knx through the Gibb
River Road. This will give you added perspective of the size and grandure
(not to mention harshness of the place).