A wild afternoon at Signature ramp @ MIA with Lumix DMC-FZ10

Old July 20th, 2004, 02:46 AM
HECTOP

Default A wild afternoon at Signature ramp @ MIA with Lumix DMC-FZ10

A little horseplay in and out of Gulfstream G-IV-SP :-)

http://www.maxho.com/MIA

--
HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
Old July 22nd, 2004, 03:23 AM
Capt.Doug

"HECTOP" wrote in message First thing I did was knock
on BSO Aviation Unit's door at one of the terminals, introduced myself,

said
what I wanted (just to take photos and not be harassed), and as amazing as
it may sound the answer was "Uhh, ok, no problem, let me call the field
guys, let them know you are outthere".

FLL has a lot of knarly looking Europeans crawling around doing their
plane-spotting thing. The aviation department guys are used to it. The fact
that you asked first makes you stand out from that crowd. It casts suspicion
on you. Let me know if you need to make bail. :-)

D.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 03:42 AM
HECTOP

"Capt.Doug" wrote:
on you. Let me know if you need to make bail. :-)

Man, I guess I've never told you about how I had _7_ (!!!) police cruisers
encircle me for taking photos from EWR long-term parking lot in March of
2002. I had my FAA ticket on me, my AOPA card, my US Passport, the works,
and it still took them about an hour to get off my case. So y'know, once
bitten, twice shy!

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Old July 22nd, 2004, 01:52 PM
JA

"wingsnaprop" wrote in message
om...
Nice Ramp, Here's Our ramp ( Aviation Sales Dayton Ohio) Where I work.
And A plane almost as Fast and as Valuable as a G-V .... maybe More
Exclusive... and ALOT LESS plush.

http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/P-38Startup2.jpg

http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/P-38Out.jpg

http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/P-38out4.jpg

Tomson

Nothing like a little ramp oneupsmanship.... grin

What's the story on the P-38? Which one is it?

Old July 23rd, 2004, 12:13 AM
Roger Halstead

On 21 Jul 2004 22:30:05 -0700, (wingsnaprop) wrote:

Nice Ramp, Here's Our ramp ( Aviation Sales Dayton Ohio) Where I work.
And A plane almost as Fast and as Valuable as a G-V .... maybe More
Exclusive... and ALOT LESS plush.

http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/P-38Startup2.jpg

You know... I hate it when some one starts a sentence with that...
Starting over. Did you know the nose can be converted and you can fit
a passenger in there? Can you imagine being on a 5 or 6 hour
repositioning flight in the South Pacific in the nose a 38. Hot, noisy
and absolutely no view.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:26 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Roger Halstead wrote:

On 21 Jul 2004 22:30:05 -0700, (wingsnaprop) wrote:

Nice Ramp, Here's Our ramp ( Aviation Sales Dayton Ohio) Where I work.
And A plane almost as Fast and as Valuable as a G-V .... maybe More
Exclusive... and ALOT LESS plush.

http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/P-38Startup2.jpg

You know... I hate it when some one starts a sentence with that...
Starting over. Did you know the nose can be converted and you can fit
a passenger in there? Can you imagine being on a 5 or 6 hour
repositioning flight in the South Pacific in the nose a 38. Hot, noisy
and absolutely no view.

That conversion was called the "droop snoot", and the view was fantastic.

George Patterson
In Idaho, tossing a rattlesnake into a crowded room is felony assault.
In Tennessee, it's evangelism.

Old July 23rd, 2004, 03:03 AM
Really Me

Roger Halstead wrote:
On 21 Jul 2004 22:30:05 -0700, (wingsnaprop) wrote:

Nice Ramp, Here's Our ramp ( Aviation Sales Dayton Ohio) Where I work.
And A plane almost as Fast and as Valuable as a G-V .... maybe More
Exclusive... and ALOT LESS plush.

http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/P-38Startup2.jpg

You know... I hate it when some one starts a sentence with that...
Starting over. Did you know the nose can be converted and you can fit
a passenger in there? Can you imagine being on a 5 or 6 hour
repositioning flight in the South Pacific in the nose a 38. Hot, noisy
and absolutely no view.

The conversion, The Droop-Snoop, had a clear nose, so there was a view.
The "passenger" it was designed for was a bombardier.
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Qu...roopsnoot.html